BRAKING! Doggs will not chase AFB anymore yo

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Burton is on 900k then he is overpaid by 700k going off his regressing form.
Potter unlocked Burton the 5/8. I have time for Toby S'ton. It should be his team. I go with Fox as captain. S'ton with over call.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Potter unlocked Burton the 5/8. I have time for Toby S'ton. It should be his team. I go with Fox as captain. S'ton with over call.
Sexton started well then blended in with the other duds.

Hopefully he hits his potential next year.

With the captaincy, I wouldn't make any spine player a captain next year, extra pressure on them. Foxy would be the most fitting candidate for captain IMO.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
So that's a justification as to why we should bury our heads in the same and allow the current mediocrity to go on unchallenged?
‘Challenged’ - by a non-member. On a forum.
Bringing out the big guns flappy gums :tearsofjoy:.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like we're all in for Luai now. Ciraldo probably always had a hard on for him. I had hoped we could afford both AFB and Luai but maybe we're paying top dollar so can't afford both and after buying all these utilities. It would really suck if we found out one or two of the utilities (like Salmon and Turpin or Tracey) cost us AFB. I hoped if it came down to it we might actually prioritise AFB over Luai but seems not. One thing I will say is maybe the decision not to make AFB an offer came down to the fact we need 2 or 3 decent props, not just one top prop. Even with AFB it would leave us mighty thin. We can only hope there's enough after Luai to sign 2-3 of in priority 1/ Terrell May 2/ Hamlin-Uele 3/ Klemmer 4/ Matt Lodge

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
With the captaincy, I wouldn't make any spine player a captain next year, extra pressure on them. Foxy would be the most fitting candidate for captain IMO.
A winger as Captain? Can’t see it happening.
Then again he comes off his wing a fair bit so you might find him in the middle anyway :-).

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
A winger as Captain? Can’t see it happening.
Then again he comes off his wing a fair bit so you might find him in the middle anyway :-).
You are correct, on both counts lol but im just thinking "seniority" wise.

I actually would love Kikau to be captain.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You are correct, on both counts lol but im just thinking "seniority" wise.

I actually would love Kikau to be captain.
Just not sure Kiks is lippy enough - like Jacko.
I quite like Reed in that sense because he’s more like Menace was though until we improve the pack his game might continue to suffer and being skipper only adds to that. Definitely not Burton though and prefer a single (c) only, none of this multi-skipper nonsense.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I quite like Reed in that sense because he’s more like Menace was though until we improve the pack his game might continue to suffer and being skipper only adds to that. Definitely not Burton though and prefer a single (c) only, none of this multi-skipper nonsense.
Only problem with Reed being captain is that no-one on the field can tell him to pull his head in when he starts overplaying his hand

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Critta?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Honestly, no exaggeration. Brisbane, Panthers and Roosters spine and prop’s look quadruple the value of ours and that’s even if we sign Luai. I can’t make sene of it at all.
Like we’d literally be wayyyyyy better off signing Cleary for seven years on 2.5 million and filling the gaps. Like wayyy better off..
At least Bronco & Panther make it realistic to fit in their cap.

Rooster is a sombrero farce.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where did you get this from? Ado-Carr signed in 22 for 4 years!
Burton re signed not Fox. Burton had a Player Option he didn't take that up. He negotiated new deal.

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So that's a justification as to why we should bury our heads in the same and allow the current mediocrity to go on unchallenged?

You have a problem with me, and you have a problem with women... got it.
Mediocrity?

Thriving Leagues Club
Junior base on the way back up
Massive centre of excellence upgrade-incoming
Sponsors coming out of our ass
Cash to burn

Sure first grade results could be better like winning a 3-peat, though that will happen when the likes of yourself, 04 & Polly take over the reigns

Far from mediocrity Bella.....

Me married - no poofter, so no problem with the Sheila's, but there is a problem when they consistently complain, moan and go looney when estrogen levels rise....

Maybe all your frustration and negativity could be solved to a degree if you went out and got yourself laid? Maybe even a gobby wouldn't go astray?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m actually going to decide for my New Year’s resolution to stop denying I have multi accounts.
I don’t have any. But I’ve said it a milllion times and no one listens, so in 2024 I’m just going to let people think what they want.
As opposed to now where you are stopping them from thinking?

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton can cruise thru the next six years, no pressure to perform. Hard to fathom why we fast tracked a long term extension when he was bog average at the time.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is good.
If Ciraldo can post some wins in 2024 and at least get to 8, 9, 10 on the ladder, quality players will start to come cheaper.

Paying overs is not sustainable. Ask Des.

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mediocrity?

Thriving Leagues Club
Junior base on the way back up
Massive centre of excellence upgrade-incoming
Sponsors coming out of our ass
Cash to burn

Sure first grade results could be better like winning a 3-peat, though that will happen when the likes of yourself, 04 & Polly take over the reigns

Far from mediocrity Bella.....

Me married - no poofter, so no problem with the Sheila's, but there is a problem when they consistently complain, moan and go looney when estrogen levels rise....

Maybe all your frustration and negativity could be solved to a degree if you went out and got yourself laid? Maybe even a gobby wouldn't go astray?
It's been over a decade since I last heard the word "gobby"....lol