Braith Anasta's latest whinge

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Rooters actually have fans??

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-wests-tigers/comments-e6frexnr-1226582248695

[h=1]Braith Anasta felt he was targeted by Roosters fans following announcement of his transfer to Wests Tigers[/h]

Braith Anasta felt targeted by Roosters fans following his mid-season decision to leave the club. Picture has been digitally altered Source: The Daily Telegraph

STAR Tigers recruit Braith Anasta has revealed the price of signing with a rival club mid-season, describing himself as a "target" for Roosters fans and armchair critics during his final months at Bondi Junction.

As debate continues over the merits of an end-of-year transfer window, Anasta yesterday spoke of the current system's personal toll ahead of his first encounter against the Roosters in this weekend's Foundation Cup trial.
The former Roosters skipper also admitted he and other players weren't content at the club when he signed a two-year deal with the Tigers last April.
"I needed a change," Anasta said.
"I was not enjoying my footy where I was and a lot of other guys weren't, mind you. There wasn't a huge commitment there from them."
Anasta declined to elaborate on the exact reasons for his unease, but it's widely known a significant proportion of the team no longer supported previous coach Brian Smith.

"If you asked me at the time I signed for the Tigers if I was happy I would have said 'no'," Anasta said.
"There were a number of reasons for that and I can't speak on behalf of other people."
But after securing his future across the Anzac Bridge, Anasta had to negotiate a mentally testing period to complete his seven-year stint at the Roosters.
He often felt like a "target" for Tricolours fans, who could willingly misrepresent below-par performances.
"It's hard - I wouldn't recommend it," he said. "It depends on the person you are and the player you are. I'm an extremely passionate player who wears my heart on my chest.
"When times are tough and you're moving clubs, it's very hard.
"It puts a target on you. Fans are looking at you. It's like they don't see you in the same light. You are an easy target and it can play on your mind.
"I think there's definitely a strong case for having a transfer window."
The Tigers originally signed Anasta to play halfback alongside Benji Marshall, but that plan changed dramatically when Tim Sheens was sacked last October.
Ironically, new coach Mick Potter has handed the No.7 jersey to Anasta's former apprentice at the Roosters - Jacob Miller.
"I think he's just got to get that confidence and belief that he belongs in the top grade," Anasta said.
Playing outside the halves as a left-edge back-rower, Anasta made a sensational debut for the Tigers with a two-try haul in last weekend's trial thrashing of Parramatta.
"I never said I didn't want to play back row," Anasta said. "I said I preferred five-eighth, but I made a grand final (in 2010) and played some of my best football as a left-edge back-rower."

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
he should be used to this because we certainly werent friendly towards him when he left

the whole goldsworth 2006 situation probably was us thinking who needs anasta to be happy

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
get over it....seriously its footy, people are going to always be judging you no matter what

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
get over it....seriously its footy, people are going to always be judging you no matter what
Dude, you make half a mill a year playing footy, you are rooting an actress (depsite being as ugly as a hatfull of ar$eholes)... count your blessings.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Dude, you make half a mill a year playing footy, you are rooting an actress (depsite being as ugly as a hatfull of ar$eholes)... count your blessings.
the guy is an idiot and seriously needs to HTFU

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I have all the respect in the world for Braith. He's walked down paths so dark most of us would piss our pants in fear. Despite that he's emerged as an upstanding man of high principle.

Which brings me to the next point .... it's not like Braith rings up the Telecrap and offers this stuff.

Ask yourself ...

Was it the Tigers PR folks who organised it ?
Was it Massoud using the angle of Roosters to enable more 'web clicks' ?
Was it Braith using the interview as another opportunity to further his post-footy media chances ?

And Roosters fans, further proving they're the "Darwin awards" winners of rugby league .... how soon they forget he single handedly got them to a GF after spending in excess of $5million poaching other club-switchers who couldn't get it done.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have all the respect in the world for Braith. He's walked down paths so dark most of us would piss our pants in fear. Despite that he's emerged as an upstanding man of high principle.

Which brings me to the next point .... it's not like Braith rings up the Telecrap and offers this stuff.

Ask yourself ...

Was it the Tigers PR folks who organised it ?
Was it Massoud using the angle of Roosters to enable more 'web clicks' ?
Was it Braith using the interview as another opportunity to further his post-footy media chances ?

And Roosters fans, further proving they're the "Darwin awards" winners of rugby league .... how soon they forget he single handedly got them to a GF after spending in excess of $5million poaching other club-switchers who couldn't get it done.
Tigers might be something of a dark horse this year - be interesting to see how the experiment of paying their coach a peanuts base salary (if the reports are true) goes.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Guys I need help I've lost the worlds smallest violin so can't play it for Braith :(

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Just Massoud using anything to get the word "Roosters" in the papers.

He's as bad as Weidler.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
The Tigers really know how to produce some crap jerseys. That target is silly.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was playing like sh!t in the back half of last year anyway. I watched him in Canberra and he was abysmal, couldn't have cared any less.

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Braiths a good guy.

You c*nts are all such hypocrites, the media is scum and it's all a beat up when it comes to Dogs players then it's all gospel when a rival or someone you dislike is mentioned.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
I would still like to see him strung up to the goalposts at Belmore and beaten to death with his own boots.

Never forgive, never forget.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Braiths a good guy.

You c*nts are all such hypocrites, the media is scum and it's all a beat up when it comes to Dogs players then it's all gospel when a rival or someone you dislike is mentioned.
Only difference is this is entirely a nothing story that just highlights how much of a ***** Braith is...When it comes to 'Dogs players it generally involves an accusation that is far worse than what's happening here. Personally would be ashamed if any 'Dogs player had a whinge like this.

Braith might not be a bad person, but he sure loves to complain

Status
Not open for further replies.