Opinion Brains vs Money

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are peoples thoughts on Gus Gould and Arthur Laundy working together?

Gus obviously has brains across everything football related and outside of that, while Laundy obviously has business/money smarts

Everyone knows that when it comes to the big boys, the heavyweights there is always a clash of egos

Will they clash or will they get on like a house on fire?

If the stories about AL having a say in everyday proceedings along with recruitment, i think Gus will put him in line. Will Arthur cop it or will he back out into the sunset?.........

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully Laundry will now see that we have a legit heavy weight Head of Football now and will let him run the show with Laundry there to help financially when required.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hopefully Laundry will now see that we have a legit heavy weight Head of Football now and will let him run the show with Laundry there to help financially when required.
Agree. AL would have been advised somehow about this, being our major sponsor, one would think?

He would recognise Gould's resume for the job and see it as a bit of a coup?

Hope so anyway :grinning:

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely this would’ve been a significant talking point in the negotiation process, for all we know they might be good mates?

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The name of this thread can also refer to TPJs decision of dogs vs tigers

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds like something laundy would have been pushing for tbh, seems to want the biggest and best for the dogs

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gus obviously has brains across everything football related and outside of that, while Laundy obviously has business/money smarts

Everyone knows that when it comes to the big boys, the heavyweights there is always a clash of egos

If the stories about AL having a say in everyday proceedings along with recruitment, i think Gus will put him in line. Will Arthur cop it or will he back out into the sunset?.........
I think Laundy's up for whatever makes him and his business look good. Not saying he doesn't love the club but he was really out there when we were recruiting Burto and had hopes for a decent season, but he's been quiet since. He'll probably get his head out there now we've got good news.

They're both huge ego's but I doubt Laundy will get too close to the footy unless Gus invites him.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus takes care of the football side, Laundy of the business side.

Can’t have one without the other if you want to be successful.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

They are friends which goes back 40 years in the 80's

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score

I think a match made in heaven. Laundy would want the best mind money could buy leading the club. He’s a business man and what better advertisement than the Bulldogs doing premiership laps of the ground with Laundy Hotels emblazoned on their chests.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And.... Gus knows which side his bread is buttered on (like all of us). Be silly of him to get offside with Arthur :grinning:
Agree im sure Gus is aware of the Value of wealthy sponsors throwing coin at cellar dwellers

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
They're both huge ego's but I doubt Laundy will get too close to the footy unless Gus invites him.
Arthur actually doesn’t have a huge ego mate despite his success and wealth. He’s a really nice bloke who’ll chat to anyone and never lost sight of the fact that the punters in his pubs are what keep the wheels turning.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It will be Gus’ way or the highway now.
It will be. And he will demand and achieve POSITIVE results, we’ve been used to losing for SO long, that’s about to change..!!