Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
3 years on and were still waiting on a fullback
I think you've hit the nerve _G-Dog on why some of us, including me, would like to see how Abbey will go in first grade.

Actually its been four years since 2012 since we've had a fullback and next year will make it five where we've had a centre or winger as a stop gap for the fullback spot.

Although Hasler would be dead against them Abbey's big assets are speed and attacking flair. Me of course being a simpleton would like us to win win games by scoring tries and converting them instead of just hoping the other side doesn't, would like to see him given a shot to play with our current first grade backline.

And who knows? If he did turn out okay we wouldn't need Hopoate and his part time employment bullshit.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
was interesting seeing an interview with Cameron Munster and he discussed that we went hard after him but he elected to stay at Melbourne. So we have tried to get a FB.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just incase you all missed it, pretty sure that's Brad Abby in the base ball cap.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
was interesting seeing an interview with Cameron Munster and he discussed that we went hard after him but he elected to stay at Melbourne. So we have tried to get a FB.
Pretty sure toofu69 said crusher never returned his managers call so we missed him

N

Natboy

Pretty sure toofu69 said crusher never returned his managers call so we missed him
That's typical crusher.
He is absolutely useless as returning calls and has a very bad rep with managers

Last edited by a moderator:

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not the only club who overlooked Munster.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are seen as a weak club with weak admin. Players don't seem to get as homesick at strong clubs
I grew up in the area and love the club but whos wants to spend all their time hanging around belmore or homebush?...really...
Sydney is a tough place to live anytime fir many people but to not grow up here and be around this area all the time its a wonder we get anyone to play.
Theres a reason a bulk of the players live in the shire area, though thats a whole other story

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
DT, you are 100% right. Players do not want to come to Belmore. Theres a lot of reasons not to. The area is not a safe place any more. Its full of drugs and bad manners.
Theres also the fact that players do not want any part of Hasbeen. My wish is that the club would relocate to another area. The Central Coast seems good.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
DT, you are 100% right. Players do not want to come to Belmore. Theres a lot of reasons not to. The area is not a safe place any more. Its full of drugs and bad manners.
Theres also the fact that players do not want any part of Hasbeen. My wish is that the club would relocate to another area. The Central Coast seems good.
Dogs would never relocate and we shouldn't relocate. By moving you immediately erase the club's history, we will no longer be the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs. Everything our past players have worked for and everything they have achieved will be lost in a relocation. Just imagine the Central Coast Bulldogs, most of the fans won't go to watch them play.

The area isn't the reason why we don't have big name players joining our club. It comes down to the culture the head coach is trying to implement as well as the team's style of play. Big name players generally look for a team that is going to give them a chance of winning a premiership in the near future and helping them achieve their goal of playing rep footy. To blame the area on players not joining us is bullshit.

Really the club needs an overhaul of the coaching/admin staff (CEO) and the roster needs a major clearout. Which big name player would want to join our hopeless team. A lot needs to change to attract talented players to our club. Its not the area, its the club itself which needs to change their approach.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Most players don't live around the immediate area to their clubs.

Campbelltown, some Northern beaches, some Cronulla / Gong. There are even some in the Hills District.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Whats so bad about the area that the other areas do better other than the Pacific Ocean?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
we need him to improve 10 fold if he is going to play fullback next year. i know we all want him there but you can say " give the kid a go" when he is not good enough.
unfortunately 20's is mickey mouse football and it doesnt relate to reserve or first grade
Two words...

Patrick Templeman.

Everyone went hard over him as the heir apparent to Luke Patten... bloke looked awesome in 20s, struggled in NSW Cup, and never made it to NRL before giving up on the game.

Shaun Lane is another dangerously close to falling into that category.

Last edited:

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I grew up in the area and love the club but whos wants to spend all their time hanging around belmore or homebush?...really...
Sydney is a tough place to live anytime fir many people but to not grow up here and be around this area all the time its a wonder we get anyone to play.
Theres a reason a bulk of the players live in the shire area, though thats a whole other story
Players play for the $$$

How long a drive is it from Belmore to whichever suburb you prefer? Not such a big sacrifice when your collecting a fat pay cheque every week

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tell you what,
We have a lot of options in outside backs,
Spots are there to be taken by anyone who wants to take the ball and run with it,
Pardon the pun,

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Good call, now only Herman Munster, Lily Munster, Eddie Munster, and Grandpa Munster are bigger Munster stars than him.

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good call, now only Herman Munster, Lily Munster, Eddie Munster, and Grandpa Munster are bigger Munster stars than him.
I told you all that munster wanted to come but crusher didn't answer his phone a few times when his manager called so he decided to stay at Melbourne.Being as fickle as it sounds but that's the truth.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I told you all that munster wanted to come but crusher didn't answer his phone a few times when his manager called so he decided to stay at Melbourne.Being as fickle as it sounds but that's the truth.
Well that's disappointing... How's Abbey going?

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well that's disappointing... How's Abbey going?
Yeh... how is abbey going??? Ffs we need some good news

Status
Not open for further replies.