Boystown now Yourtown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone else noticed this ?
Why ?
It’s just a name that reflects their beginnings.
Did actually think that if you went there with your daughter for help they’d turn you away because she doesn’t have a dick ?
We keep this up, soon it’ll be illegal to be a boy. We’ll have bins full of dicks at the maternity ward, where they will cut them off at birth.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently they did it 'cause people constantly asked if they worked with girls as well. They felt that they weren't being approached by females because of the name.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently they did it 'cause people constantly asked if they worked with girls as well. They felt that they weren't being approached by females because of the name.
I think its fair enough then. It can be hard to convince people that you aren't what people all think you are. To be honest, I never knew Boystown helped girls. The charity was started by De la Salle here in Brisbane (I think), for troubles boys, so at the time, the name was apt, but now, its a more inclusive organisation, so a rebranding is not a bad idea.

As a Rotarian, we try to break the stereotypes that we are a bunch of stuffy old white men. I appreciate in many ways this sterotype is warranted, but I meet people who think that we still don't allow woman as members, or young people rtc. ...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Why ?
Probably due to the number of emails/calls from pedos and priests "Hiiii I'm just wondering where this said town of boys is, and how I find it on google maps *heavy breathing*"

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If that’s for real, I can understand it, but I doubt that actually happened much at all.
A simple check on their website, will give you all you need.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If that’s for real, I can understand it, but I doubt that actually happened much at all.
A simple check on their website, will give you all you need.
You'd think but people are lazy.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You'd think but people are lazy.
This.

There are so many charities out there, and you have all of 2 seconds to get someone's attention. People will only go to the website once you have made the initial connection.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It just got real.. All those ideolgists who promote equality as the new equality, Is this really equality ? The afl are hypocrites ( no I'm not drinking)

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why ?
It’s just a name that reflects their beginnings.
Did actually think that if you went there with your daughter for help they’d turn you away because she doesn’t have a dick ?
We keep this up, soon it’ll be illegal to be a boy. We’ll have bins full of dicks at the maternity ward, where they will cut them off at birth.
Got to a Jewish or Muslim maternity ward..their bins are already full of dicks..well parts of them! Lol!!!

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I only ever knew of one guy who got sent to Boystown, I always thought it was like some juvy centre for boys because this bloke was a massive dickhead.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Boystown did have heaps of sexual abuse cases against it, so the name change might of been to get rid of that image as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.