Boyd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I understand why people don't want to add him to our side he is a better fullback than anyone else we have been connected to at this point apart from maybe Bret Stewart (who is not quite who he was a few years ago). Prior to this season Darius was easily a top 5 FB in the NRL. If Des was to bring him in I am sure he would excel in the stable environment Des creates. I wouldn't say I am hoping we pick him up. But if we did I think he would be a fantastic player for us for as long as he stayed here.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd take him easily, quality rep players don't come often...

Be fair bro, he was with his wife trying to enjoy himself after a tough time in his life.
Being fair the bloke would have notified the club he was going. They were supporting him through this tough time and allegedly were even going to offer him a payout for next year when they didn't have to. If you can organise a trip overseas you can pick up the phone and ring your employer or your manager and let them know.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being fair the bloke would have notified the club he was going. They were supporting him through this tough time and allegedly were even going to offer him a payout for next year when they didn't have to. If you can organise a trip overseas you can pick up the phone and ring your employer or your manager and let them know.
Didn't they owe him 200k on this season? If so i fail to see how he owed them anything...

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't they owe him 200k on this season? If so i fail to see how he owed them anything...
Third party I think owed him money, not the knights.

Stringer

CAR RAMROD
Reaction score
Another media cock up, he didn't want a pay out figure he just wants the 3rd party deals that are owed over the last 2 seasons

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Another media cock up, he didn't want a pay out figure he just wants the 3rd party deals that are owed over the last 2 seasons
Fair enough. Still owed the knights the decency of a call IMO.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What about Rona? Lol and you Thompson in front of Stanley? Ok.
I actually forgot about rona he will def be on one wing and no Thompson not ahead of Stanley that wasn't in any particular order although I've been very impressed with thonpson over the past 6-8 weeks he reminds me so much of el masri the way he shuts the play down when he runs in and cuts the oppositions defence.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Could we fit Boyd and Bmoz under the salary cap though ? They could form a great combination as they played together at St George ?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Boyd will be at broncs
It wouldn't surprise me. Boyd said publicly that he will not be following Bennett to the Broncos but will not stay at the Knights. If he does back flip then it'd be pretty funny.

N

Natboy

It wouldn't surprise me. Boyd said publicly that he will not be following Bennett to the Broncos but will not stay at the Knights. If he does back flip then it'd be pretty funny.
I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on big money at the titans if he can handle being an hour away from his daddy

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
If we are serious about bmoz u would think we wont sign any other expensive players. Bmoz won't be cheap. If we had him the cap couldn't have much left if any.

A

Alexander the Great

Could we fit Boyd and Bmoz under the salary cap though ? They could form a great combination as they played together at St George ?
I cant see why we cant...and if we cant im sure we can give his mrs a job cutting the grass at belmore for 300k a year.

N

Natboy

The thought of having my most hated current NRL player in blue and white is making me feel nauseous

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How many times does thread keep coming up!!!. I'm sick of seeing it..... no one wants the maggot full stop

Status
Not open for further replies.