cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
boycott doesn't seem to be working 10 000 tickets already sold

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
There's a couple of things I've picked up from this post so far. The first is that most of those who are screaming the loudest aren't even members of the club and so beyond a passing interest really have no dog in the fight and the second thing is that those of us who have been and still are paid up members of the club boycotting the games means absolutely nothing beyond the visual of a half empty stadium as we have already paid. I am so angry from that last game that I am still disinclined to go on Monday not because I want to boycott but because I just can't muster up the enthusiasm to go given the pathetic performance of the team. It's not that we are losing, its the way we lost last game on top of having lost the previous 3. Sure we can yell and scream at Des and Dib until the cows come home but once they cross the white line its all on the players and last week they played like they weren't going to get their jerseys washed this week. Given our lack of points particularly in the past 3 games I just don't want to sit through it again.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I will be traveling with my Wife down from Brisbane to watch our beloved Doggies, "Boycott the games"?? what a load of Bullshit! some of you blokes on this Forum need to STFU
and grow up a little.
What a waste of time and money. I have supported the Dogs for over 50 years. I've supported them through the salary cap scandal through Coffs Harbour etc. I've defended the Club when other supporters called us rapists. I bleed blue and white. The only tattoo I have is a Dogs tattoo. Enough is enough. Hasler hasn't kept up with change. If the Dogs were playing great footy and losing I could live with that. We're not. We are BORING have no kicking game no moves and no idea in the 20 metre attacking zone. Hasler has raped this great club. Before he arrived our lower grades were competitive. Look at them now. Have a look at his Manly record. First grade was competitive but the lower grades weren't. He doesn't give a shit about THE CLUB. He's selfish stubborn and overrated. He buys players like Cleeland and Woolford who won't get a crack.....why? Why does he stick with Lichha? Why did he let Pritchard Ennis Cook Finucane etc etc go. Enjoy your trip mate. I hope they jag a win. I never miss a game in Sydney but I won't be going on Monday. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Boycotting is not going to achieve shit. A very selfish act. It will also kill any prospect of a rebuild. If you are not happy you can cancel your membership or go about this rebuild in a civilised way. For those that believe in a "true rebuild" should appreciate that Des is staying, Foran is coming. A boycott may jeopardise Foran from coming and will jeopardise any player in the future from coming because a boycott= instability. I think you need to reconsider the effect of a Boycott (maybe use some foresight)
And what player wants to come to the Dogs? Foran is coming for family reasons and that's a reality.

Reactions: GDR

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Calm down people for once our team looks abit cool on paper, fuck holland the mofucker and fuck lee the pussy ****, they cost us 4 games this year, piss week defence and that put the whole team down, only up from here and i can see the dogs beating the dragons this week
Yeah drop Lee and bring in Chase im fuc..n injured Stanley and keep Liccha the useless prick. We will struggle to beat the Dragons

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm fucking sick of this shit.
The idea of a Boycott is fucking ridiculous.
If you don't want to go to the game just don't go, be it this week or the Belmore game.

The reality is that the form of certain players in the roster has fallen off a cliff and the club doesn't have enough first gade ready players to replace them.

What, you don't think the coaching staff don't know that.

What you think a boycott is going to open the players eyes to realise they have to play better to win matches, that you can't fall off one on one tackles near your try line, or rush up out of the line leaving giant wholes other teams just stroll through.

It will do nothing but ridicule the club and give fodder to the media and perverse enjoyment to other club supporters by making us an even bigger laughing stock.

Our roster is now shit. Mybe, Lichaa, Eastwood & Kasiano are fucking useless at present.

Frawley & Garvey are not first grade standard and we are playing them in crucial positions.

We are a very average team this season, well below average in fact and as supporters we should go to matches or tune in not expecting that we will win.

The best we can hope for the remainder of this season is that the players put it. The performance against Penrith was unacceptable. If they put in and lose because the other team is just better that's the way it is. Effort is what I want to see.

I'm hoping the club can get as much deadwood out the door for the start of next season so our team can be reborn.

Between now and then any chance I get I will go a game and support the team.

Not because I'm a Hasler or Did supporter but because I'm a Canterbury supporter.

Yes our backs are against the wall, lets at least come out swinging.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
And what player wants to come to the Dogs? Foran is coming for family reasons and that's a reality.
Yes but his family doesn't live in Belmore. He's coming because he wants to reunite with Des. Don't kid yourself if either Foran or Woods didn't respect Des they wouldn't be coming. I accept that kids like Brown just want a shot and would play for Hitler if it meant getting a go but the other two are established stars of the game. They get to pick and choose where they go and who they play for.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Selfish how? What's worse is the club is taking people's money, serving up the shit we've seen week in week out and expect people to turn up on a regular basis. Wait until fans stop turning up and it start affecting the clubs bottom line.

Without the fans the club is fucking nothing so remind me how the fans are selfish and the club isn't?
It wont be just a boycott but like u said people will, and have already stopped turning up. They can try cheatin us fans as much as they want but we'll get on top.
I look forward to the day des and dib have it all come crashing down on em.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes but his family doesn't live in Belmore. He's coming because he wants to reunite with Des. Don't kid yourself if either Foran or Woods didn't respect Des they wouldn't be coming. I accept that kids like Brown just want a shot and would play for Hitler if it meant getting a go but the other two are established stars of the game. They get to pick and choose where they go and who they play for.
Der..but they live in Sydney. If he truly respected Des he would have come 3 years ago but decided to stay at Manly the went to Parra. We were the only Sydney option. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It may be selfish, but it is time to show this dysfunctional club that we will not accept mediocrity. And mediocrity is all we have had since Supercoach arrived.
I have not renewed my membership and wont until something positive happens. And that means Supercoach and Dib must go,..

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Der..but they live in Sydney. If he truly respected Des he would have come 3 years ago but decided to stay at Manly the went to Parra. We were the only Sydney option. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.
You seem to want to ignore reality. He stayed with Manly because he didn't want to let his teammates down. The blokes he had grown up around. Even said it was the hardest decision of his life at the time, choosing between Des and his mates. Felt guilty because manly was in all sorts at the time and showed his mates loyalty. Went to Parramatta because we didn't have the cash to get him because we had just re-signed a heap of players and had no money left. So, given his financial problems at the time do you really think he would have come here for free? No. So the reality is this is the first genuine and clear opportunity he has had to link up with him. You might also recall him saying that he didn't even consider another club as he just wanted to come here and it sure as hell wasn't for the falafel or the opportunity to play with his kiwi mates Kas and Eastwood.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm fucking sick of this shit.
The idea of a Boycott is fucking ridiculous.
If you don't want to go to the game just don't go, be it this week or the Belmore game.

The reality is that the form of certain players in the roster has fallen off a cliff and the club doesn't have enough first gade ready players to replace them.

What, you don't think the coaching staff don't know that.

What you think a boycott is going to open the players eyes to realise they have to play better to win matches, that you can't fall off one on one tackles near your try line, or rush up out of the line leaving giant wholes other teams just stroll through.

It will do nothing but ridicule the club and give fodder to the media and perverse enjoyment to other club supporters by making us an even bigger laughing stock.

Our roster is now shit. Mybe, Lichaa, Eastwood & Kasiano are fucking useless at present.

Frawley & Garvey are not first grade standard and we are playing them in crucial positions.

We are a very average team this season, well below average in fact and as supporters we should go to matches or tune in not expecting that we will win.

The best we can hope for the remainder of this season is that the players put it. The performance against Penrith was unacceptable. If they put in and lose because the other team is just better that's the way it is. Effort is what I want to see.

I'm hoping the club can get as much deadwood out the door for the start of next season so our team can be reborn.

Between now and then any chance I get I will go a game and support the team.

Not because I'm a Hasler or Did supporter but because I'm a Canterbury supporter.

Yes our backs are against the wall, lets at least come out swinging.
At last a post written using ones brains!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You are quite right there is no point in going to this game, In 160 minutes of football we have only scored one try & that was to Branko Lee against Cronulla, Brenko Lee who looked the only player likely to score against Penrith has been dropped from this weeks team & so has Holland the only goal kicker we have so it looks like our Genius Super Coach is planning another boring Defensive game, hence why we still have his bum chum "Lichaa at hooker, he has also worked out that we don't need a goal kicker cos we won't be scoring any tries so I really do not need to spend my money to watch our arch enemy ST George thrash us + have to put up with the taunts from their Fuck-Wit Supporters at the same time I will make my statement to those FUCKING BASTARDS that have des-troyed our beloved club.
Dropping Holland had to happen, he's not an NRL level winger. He needed to make way for Montoya who is a genuine up and comer with potential. Holland's goal kicking ability isn't that great to warrant a starting gig either.
Brenko was contentious because he's been really good in attack, but in all honesty, he's been woeful in defence. He'll be back though after he tightens up his technique.
Not good when you look at the draw and struggle to find our next 2pts because of how poorly we're performing. Who knows with this team, we seem to be a "rocks and diamonds" outfit again this year..producing more rocks nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.