Bought my first house !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my first house on Monday !! Offer has been accepted and I'm leaving Dubbo and heading for Newcastle. I've already been warned to beware of bogans at the Footy when wearing an opposition jersey but I don't give a f*&k !

Getting a transfer with work and I'm starting over there 1st March.

The missus and I do own 2 investment units here but we will keep them as well.

Bit excited/nervous/scared all at the same time but can't wait to be able to get to more footy games. Already pencilled in the Dogs v Newcastle game in May and the Dogs v Storm game at Gosford the week after. Will come down for a few of the big games against the Eels and Dragons.

Might have to tone down on the TAB account LOL..

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Awesome news Hodgo !

I like Newie when I was single but haven't been there since. Other folks will have stronger opinions having lived there or holidayed there.

Have a mate who .. let's just say didn't fit in with the cultural fabric (gay, non-Footy lovin, uni student), and left for Sydney in last 12 months. Too many drunk boofheads for his liking and a growing ice-addict population due to bikies nearby providing a market. The bashing of a well respected shopkeeper by an ice-addict for about $170, caused much outrage and was the final straw for him.

To be fair - He'd grown up there, you're coming from Wagga, and I'm sure there's a fair share of knobs there too !

I hope it works out well, and the novelty of beach proximity never dies !

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why would you wanna go live in Newy for? Its not all bad if you can see past the hick mentality and trouble making some people insist on maintaining, they drive me up the wall, but there is still plenty of ok people and things to do, the scenery is beutiful.

N

nuffnuffs

congrats mate, its a good feeling getting your first house,

I remember it well, I recently bought my 6th investment property last month, its funny each property I purchase loses its excitment.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score

I remember it well, I recently bought my 6th investment property last month, its funny each property I purchase loses its excitment.
Pics or it didn't happen !

:P

K

KL

i remember it well, i recently bought my 6th investment property last month, its funny each property i purchase loses its excitment.
lol

N

nuffnuffs

Pics or it didn't happen !

:P
LOL, fine It didn't happen. LOL

With my popularity on the kennel the last thing I am going to do is post pictures of my houses, It would be just my luck one of them would be in hasoon or giant street. Who knows what might happen, I think I will play it safe and not post pictures,

K

KL

I just bought my 16th investment property last week

every new property is better than the last imo

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome news Hodgo !

I like Newie when I was single but haven't been there since. Other folks will have stronger opinions having lived there or holidayed there.

Have a mate who .. let's just say didn't fit in with the cultural fabric (gay, non-Footy lovin, uni student), and left for Sydney in last 12 months. Too many drunk boofheads for his liking and a growing ice-addict population due to bikies nearby providing a market. The bashing of a well respected shopkeeper by an ice-addict for about $170, caused much outrage and was the final straw for him.

To be fair - He'd grown up there, you're coming from Wagga, and I'm sure there's a fair share of knobs there too !

I hope it works out well, and the novelty of beach proximity never dies !
Its worse as I'm from Dubbo :grinning:

But yeah it should be sweet...and thanks guys...

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
congrats hodgo!

Where abouts in newy did u buy?

U should be fine, ppl there are laid back, love sports and love their beaches.

S

sandman77

Well done Hodgo,

Mate I live in Newcastle, I love it here,

I spent the first 21 years of my life living in Sydney, But have lived in Newcastle since 98 and love it,

Great weather, Great people (not hicks or rednecks)
Great Beaches, Great Country areas, it has it all,

Anything you are into, Dirt Bike Riding, Water Sports we have it all, It really is just the best place for out doors types people, Stocton beach is great if you into beach camping and 4X4 action.

mate when you arrive PM me and I will show you round if you like.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
West Dubbo??? Classy. Think 50km south-east and you've got my home town.

You can visit Bob Dog, he's from Newcastle. I'm sure he'll show you around town. :D

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
grats hodgo, i live in newy mate and tbh its a great place to live..im sure you and the missus will love it!

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks mate...Looks like I'm going earlier due to work...Might be baching for a while unless the missus gets work. I've explained to her what goes on a Big Mac LOL..

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can still get some reasonably cheap first homes in the Hunter, its a good way to start out.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
grats hodgo, i live in newy mate and tbh its a great place to live..im sure you and the missus will love it!
Shouldnt your name be NewcastleBulldog :whacky::whacky:

Status
Not open for further replies.