Bottom 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry guys from what ive seen so far we are at BEST a bottom 4 team..

Sure we have Lichaa running. We have Mbye at fullback. We have Foran & RFM doing well.

But the negatives so far , far outweigh these positives

We are not in the same postcode of the top teams

We looked good the last 3 games last year, that gave us hope, but weve gone backwards compared to those games

Many people predicted the Knights , Titans Tigers and NZ in the bottom 4, they will be tough battles - not easy beats for us thats for sure

Might not be popular here but just calling it as I see it

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fair call.
Players look very slow. Slowest team in the comp. we look lost inside the attacking 20 and our defence is he worst it's been since 2011

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
All the last few weeks proved is we arent with the top 4 sides at the moment. Roosters and storm were top 2 last year pretty much all year and are likely to both be top 4 this year.

We have a shitty draw to start this year. And thats includes playing roosters again in a month. Its a deep end test for a new side in important positions and a new coach.

We could use some easier matches to get combinations going and confidence.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we forfeit the season and just sack everyone and everything and start fresh? Is that a possibility?

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score

Sure we have Lichaa running. We have Mbye at fullback. We have Foran & RFM doing well.

We looked good the last 3 games last year, that gave us hope, but weve gone backwards compared to those games

Many people predicted the Knights , Titans Tigers and NZ in the bottom 4, they will be tough battles - not easy beats for us thats for sure

Your jumping the gun bro, let the players get used to the new game plan and dust desballs game plan out.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
All the last 2 weeks proved is we arent top 4 yet. Not bottom 4. The 2 teams that beat us will be top 4. Both games were away too. And dont call Perth a home game lol. FFS i am closer to Belmore on the Gold Coast. We have 24 more rounds to bridge the gap as much as we can.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We are bottom 4 if not bottom 2 . As I said last week all the people saying top 4 or top 8 will be sadly disappointed . We do not have close to the either the physical attributes or football smarts of the other sides. Early days but Pays use of the bench is beyond abysmal .

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Thank goodness I'm not in the trenches with you blokes. You'd be running the white flag up quicker than an Italian Tank Driver. It's round 2 not round 22. Give the structures a chance to bed in. I like what I see in attack. Sure the execution needs a bit of work but there is plenty of variation on both sides of the ruck and when the timing kicks in we will win more than we lose. There are a few holes in our defence not due to lack of effort but due to lack of trust among the players who are still working on their combinations. We may well lose a couple more before everything clicks into gear but at least there are periods throughout the game where you think we are a chance. That hardly ever happened last year. At 24-18 we had Storm on the ropes and at 24-12 tonight (after another bloody length of the field try) we had the Rorters on the back pedal. We let both teams back in with poor handling and decision making but we were there with a shot. We are on the improve and realistically we have close to our best side on the paddock now, maybe one or two forwards might get dropped but that's about all.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Dead on mate. We are in trouble. Can talk all you want about DOGS OF WAR. They have no idea. Maybe they should buy the DVD

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We are hopeless shit I haven't enjoyed my footy in 3 years I'm so over it I miss the real dogs we are just slow boring week no bench backs slow our bench ain't 1st graders it's so depressing

milkdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
after the trials with a new coach, new captain, new players i was thinking hey we might make the 8 maybe finish 6th, But now i reckon we will be lucky to finish 10th. Our D is hopeless.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s a real tragedy how a powerhouse club like the bulldogs could become such minnows of the competition.
I can see sydney clubs like Roosters, Parra and Panthers on the up but with our clubs management over the last few years we’re in full reverse...we’re fucking pathetic

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman again was just using up cap space and our 2 rep. forwards did not play like rep. players if we do not have go forward from them then our backs will find it hard to push forward! Mybe was good from the back but needs to work on his defence, same goes for Frawley some good plays but again defence BUT then again the whole side needs to work on DEFENCE!!! We had 2 or 3 trys today from our own half and again last week THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE! Pay said he wanted to bring back the DOGS of WAR and hurt the opposition but all I can see are the dogs of come in my kennel and score a fricken TRY because we cannot defend our line for S...T!!! Come ON Doggies, I know we have played the 2 heavy weights BUT at least show some heart and DEFEND!!!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We have to get a win and hopefully soon. The longer this dire run of form goes on, confidence goes and we will have a losing mentality. I do not want to see a crisis but you look at last season how the players downed tools... anything is possible. You'd think a shake up at the club would have sparked some sort of revival but it looks worse at the moment.

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Like everyone else pay deserves a chance at turning it all around and has inherited this side, but as far game plans and structure go,and picking Frawley at 6 pay has shown his inexperience as a coach, he has been out coached completely by two very good coaches, i did not see any adaptation of game plan after half time in the first two games makes feel like its going to be a looong painful year.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t believe all the negativity!!
FFS it’s round 2 & you’ve played 2 teams expected to make the Grand Final.
Dogs won’t finish bottom 4, but won’t make the top 8.
I said weeks ago, they’d finish btw 9th to 11th.
You’ve had such a shit draw to start. Playing in Perth & then playing the Roosters at Allianz was always a tough opening.
The 36-18 & 30-12 scorelines don’t do the Bulldogs justice.
The Dogs scored a fair try in the first half that was denied. The whole game changes.
Look at the positives
Foran is getting better
Mbye looks sensational
Woods I thought has been solid.
Jackson & Klemmer need to lift and don’t get me started on Josh Morris.

Status
Not open for further replies.