Bookie suspends betting on Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldawg

bulldog
Reaction score
A bookmaker has suspended betting on the NRL wooden spoon after fielding several bets on the fourth-placed Gold Coast Titans, but the NRL says there's no reason to expect a salary cap breach announcement.

Sportingbet Australia stopped the betting after taking a series of wagers on Tuesday morning on the Titans to come last this season.

It noted similarities to a flurry of bets before then-premiers Melbourne were hit with huge salary-cap breach penalties, including loss of all competition points in 2010.

However, the NRL says there is no special salary cap investigation underway concerning the Titans.

"The salary cap is an ongoing investigation but there is no major investigation into Gold Coast or anyone else," said an NRL spokesman.

The NRL cleared the Titans last month after looking into an alleged property deal involving captain Scott Prince.

Sportingbet Australia chief executive Michael Sullivan said his company's new market had been up for less than five minutes when three bets were struck on the Titans on Tuesday.

"This is very similar to what led us to suspend spoon betting initially when we saw bets come for Melbourne although we reacted a lot faster this time to suspend betting," Sullivan said.

"We had the Titans in the market at $21 and I can't see punters wanting to take that price for the fourth-placed side unless they thought they knew something.

"The bets we took were only to win a few thousand but the fact they came on top of each so soon after we put the market up, meant we had to suspend immediately and punters were trying to get onto win a lot more."

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...ookie-suspends-betting-on-titans/default.aspx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are they over the cap?

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHA.

its funny, i did some of the planing work on Scott Princes house, and i tell you none of my payments come from him.
The land alone is worth a fortune and the house building alone was well over the $600,000
His house on the market would be worth millions
And its also funny how a few of the players drove past and they all drive ''borrowed'' Audi TTs from their major sponsor.

Not that im implying anything..
But the builders used to joke about all of this..
And they built Baileys house too...

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Damn, I should of made a bet weeks ago when hese rumours started flying around >.<

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
sorry Moe

They just reported on the news up here that there is nothing for Titans fans to worry about.
Looks like they have better accountants than us, Warriors and the Storm ( maybe they use the company the Broncos and Dragons use)

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
they wont take the titans points off them, the recievers will try to get something for them when the doors slam shut.... very close to going under

doggies 4 life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
well nothing has happened yet
no news on a salary cap breach maybe tommorrow their might be some news hopefully

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
why would there still be a wooden spoon market?

i thought it would have been closed after melbourne are virtually assured of it

Status
Not open for further replies.