Bondi stabbing

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Anyone know the protocols around police utilising a gun over a taser?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like she warned him to drop the knife and he didn’t and she dropped him. Probably within their protocol for that action, but probably what the sick fuck wanted. Taser would be used in a non life threatening situation and the fact he’d gone on a stabbing rampage before she drew her weapon, he would have been considered a deadly threat.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Awful news. Just watching news and the mother of the stabbed infant has died. Fucking animal scum has taken and ruined so many lives.
Awful news. I didn't think she would make it.

The people trying to save her, said she have blood coming out of her mouth.

ozdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fuck, the dog maggot deserved to be shot, fuck a taser and giving the piece of shit a bed and 3 meals a day whilst being sedated on drugs for the next 50 years. The copper did the right thing every day of the week. Nothing but absolute filth that doesn’t deserve to breath the same air anyone does.

Seriously even asking that after that scum just stabbed a 9 month old baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
In Australia most police officers don't carry tasers. But almost all police officers carry guns.

Taser holders require special training. Which seems a bit stupid that you could carry a gun but not carry a Taser without special training, but it's based on past events. Police think a Taser is harmless and use it when they don't need to. And that often results in a person dying because they got tased then hit their head on concrete.

Its just a guess, but I'm guessing she wasn't a Taser officer.

There's another factor though. From what I was told by a friend who is an officer, tasers are almost always only used if you're in pairs. If you tase someone and that person is wearing extra thick, protective clothing, then you won't have time to draw your gun before they are on you. And if there's multiple assailants that you aren't aware of, then you're also screwed because tasers are one and done.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Police protocols are shoot to stop advancing if under imminent threat. That means chest/heart. She did was she was trained.

As expected this has turned into a political fight about immigration/keep Australia safe by kicking out foreigners. All the usual bigots going off on Twitter and all the lefties calling for calm till facts are clearer.

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know this and this mongrel killed and injured multiple people.

The officer did what was needed at that point.

No investigation no nothing...hope some in the media don't screw this around and make the cop the villain.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This new rule is so fucking shit

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Sounds like she warned him to drop the knife and he didn’t and she dropped him. Probably within their protocol for that action, but probably what the sick fuck wanted. Taser would be used in a non life threatening situation and the fact he’d gone on a stabbing rampage before she drew her weapon, he would have been considered a deadly threat.
Makes sense, yeah I agree he likely expected that end result. However, he could have also been experiencing a psychotic episode and hallucinating. Unmedicated paranoid schizophrenics can experience this quite regularly.

Either way the cop made the right call..

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In Australia most police officers don't carry tasers. But almost all police officers carry guns.

Taser holders require special training. Which seems a bit stupid that you could carry a gun but not carry a Taser without special training, but it's based on past events. Police think a Taser is harmless and use it when they don't need to. And that often results in a person dying because they got tased then hit their head on concrete.

Its just a guess, but I'm guessing she wasn't a Taser officer.

There's another factor though. From what I was told by a friend who is an officer, tasers are almost always only used if you're in pairs. If you tase someone and that person is wearing extra thick, protective clothing, then you won't have time to draw your gun before they are on you. And if there's multiple assailants that you aren't aware of, then you're also screwed because tasers are one and done.
You're kinda right in parts but not in others.. most operational officers are specially trained in both tasers and guns.. most have access to both every shift. The taser has some limitations such as the ones you've mentioned.. ultimately it's almost never appropriate to use against a knife because of these limitations when the assailant appears motivated to use it. When you deploy a taser effectively (one barn into upper body the other barb into lower body) they are incapacitated for 5 seconds.. which means you have 5 seconds to go hands on and get them restrained, or give them another hit of the taser if the wires haven't been cut or ripped off.. either way eventually you do have to go grab them which is why it would be easier to accomplish with two officers.. officers are still trained to taser and secure someone on their own.. but generally speaking.. angry person with knife = gun.. it's not meant to be a fair fight.. it's about protecting lives of others, and your own in situations that leave you with no other option