Bodybuilder wins record for Popeye-like biceps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
An Egyptian bodybuilder with 79cm-circumference arms has won the Guinness World Record for having the largest biceps.

Dubbed the real-life Popeye, Moustafa Ismail said he got his cartoon-like muscles by pumping iron twice a day for 10 years, the Huffington Post reports.

The 24-year-old started bodybuilding in Egypt to stay fit but started concentrating on his biceps after receiving hundreds of compliments on his arms.

Is winning a world record worth the effort? Have your say below?

"My friends in the gym just couldn't believe how much my arms seem to grow so I began to really focus on getting bigger," Mr Ismail said.

Five years ago he moved his family, including his 30-year-old wife Carolina, to the US so he could get access to better gym equipment.

Mr Ismail now trains twice a day, with his first gym session at 5am, and can lift 227kg.

Nicknamed "Big Mo" by his friends, Mr Ismail's daily diet consists of 1.3kg of chicken, 0.5kg of steak or fish and four cups of almonds with three litres of protein shakes.

But Mr Ismail said that unlike the beefy cartoon character Popeye he is not a fan of spinach.

"People always say 'you remind me of Popeye the sailor man', this makes me laugh, the truth is I don't have any spinach in my diet, I can't stand the stuff," he said.

"I'll stick to my chicken I think — actually I think my arms are now bigger than the cartoon character."

Mr Ismail will appear in the Guinness Book of World Records 2013 when it launches in London this week.

Source: The Huffington Post
Author: Alys Francis. Approving editor: Nick Pearson.

View attachment 20110

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
what about that Egyptian bloke who claims to be the strongest man in the world because he has sex with all 18 of his wives at least once a day!
what a jibberer, they must all be dead roots? because there is no way in the world I would have energy to do anything after having sex with 28 women in the one day!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hahahahahahahahahah

look at that **** hahaha

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He should try working his forearms a bit more.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I would rather have no biceps than look like a freak like that dud

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh there's no chance that guy has managed to grow his bi's that big and still have the forearms of a 13 yo girl.

Synth all the way baby, ****ing muppet.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah when I first saw this article the other day I thought "gotta be roids or something". The surrounding muscle is way too small, and it seems strange to focus on building only that one muscle (for over 10 years).

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Look up "synthol" on youtube, plenty of freaks on there

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.