Board re-elected unopposed

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
[emoji119] BULLDOGS BOARD’S MASSIVE WIN [emoji119]
[emoji438] From Daily Telegraph

Canterbury chair John Khoury and head of football Phil Gould have been given a resounding vote of confidence. Sport Confidential understands that the Bulldogs board will be returned unopposed at elections early next year, meaning they will be given at least another 12 months to preside over the rebuild of the club.

Sources close to the club insist support for the pair has been strengthened in recent months amid criticism over poor results on the field and drama surrounding former club captain Raymond Faitala-Mariner.

Nominations for February elections closed on Thursday and it is believed there were no realistic threats to Khoury’s stranglehold on the club.

Khoury was the man who pushed for Gould to join the Bulldogs as head of football, effectively handing the keys to Canterbury to the premiership-winning coach turned media commentator.

Through Gould, the Bulldogs have been one of the most active clubs in recent months, signing the likes of Connor Tracey, Drew Hutchison and Blake Taaffe. They also remain in the market for talent - Gould has met Penrith five-eighth Jarome Luai and photographed holding talks with Warriors prop Addin Fonua-Blake and his representatives.

The clock is ticking.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well you wanted Ciraldo and Gus gone and no alternative ticket ensures that won’t happen.
View attachment 96576
Gus has a history of sacking coaches. Ciraldo has to perform by 2025. We all know that.

Barrett was meant to be here 10 years after Gus. He lasted 10 days.

The Anderson's didn't face the people in 2020. They were gone 6 months later.

I don't agree with the club operating around election cycles. I like to see a structure change to ensure it doesn't happen.

Because as it happened with the Anderson's it only takes 116 members to cause a change.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
former club captain Raymond Faitala-Mariner.
Former? I guess if he’s on the outer and been allowed to look elsewhere it makes sense but I don’t think the club have said anything?

Anyway, as for the board remaining unchanged, I guess we don’t have to put up with the clown krew much longer.

Why does a vote only give them another year? Isn’t voting biannually or is it because they are currently in power?