Board re-elected unopposed

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We DON’T get out of election cycles Polly because we are a MEMBER OWNED club. The other two you refer two are NOT - they have corporate shareholders. Their members have near no say - hence the turmoil in the boardroom - egos gone crazy with no way to punt them. Our model is better, otherwise you end up with dictators like Denis Fitzgerald was at the slimy Eels. If there’s one thing I agree with you on (had to find one eventually) it’s that we should not be punting leadership mid term. It’s why I was opposed to the way the Anderson thing happened - not because of who they are or what they did or didn’t do - but because it’s the MEMBERS as a whole who should decide their office holders fate - same reason I don’t agree with knifing a sitting PM - the voters should decide.

Yes, I’m asking you and you should not make statements if you then dodge the question: who are the 3 ‘Dib aligned’ directors?

As for Gould - there IS a recruitment and retention committee - how do you know he has absolute power? You don’t. He didn’t at Penrith either.

And so what he’s not at every game - if I were the coach I’d probably be glad that were the case - it shows trust and a separation of powers. No doubt Gus WATCHES every game whether that’s live or not as he considers what’s best for the squad moving forward. Is he perfect? No. And no-one ever said so. Is he the best person for the job right now? I can’t think of anyone else. One of his KEY items which no doubt the board will insist on him having a plan on is SUCCESSION. What structure and ultimately what candidates are considered for key roles when he leaves - most importantly to ensure that a rebuilt club stays strong and doesn’t again crash into the pitfalls we’ve been in since about 2017.
Polly wants to be like the Tigers aye? Lol fuck that. Democracy rules baby!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Not every club is privately owned or has as Dragons/Tigers untouchable board.

Canterbury and Parramatta for decades had similar structures linked with the leagues club and voting for both boards. Our structure been the same for just on 40 years. When Moore, Nelson and McIntyre were around not an issue. When they all left it's became a members frenzy. Parramatta had a strong rule in Fitzgerald and a good man in Overton. Not as good as our 3. They went into a complete free-fall until taken over by an administrator. We hear nothing about them now off the field.

How do we find ways to break from this cycle?

I totally agree with you on what happened to the Anderson's. We agree. How do we stop something like this? No way any resolution gets the support. I think 75%. The Voice failed to get up despite massive media, political and big corporate backing.

People have attacked Dib. He's made it clear he has no interest in running again. Maybe take his word for it. He does have alliances still around. I threw up there's 3 directors with some kind of links or alliance with Dib. There's a director from the Dib years, voted off with Dib in 2018 and got a spot on the board after the Anderson coup. There's a former sponsor during the Dib years now on the board. He got a gig last year when two directors stepped stepped down. They would surely still have connections with Dib. There's another director who has alliances with more than one faction that's healthy because we need to push through the factions and thinking members rule the show.

Gould has many strengths. Gould has glaring weaknesses. He shouldn't have been given control of everything. He's been given a chance to fulfill his 5-year plan untouched. Lets see how he goes. I don't think he should have the keys to absolutely everything.

At the end of it all a club is only judged on NRL results. We can window dress as much as we want all most people care about is NRL results.

Winning premierships and making grand finals hides the internal battles. The 1980's had many battles the most famous Moore v McIntyre, Ryan v S.Mortimer, Moore v Ryan and Moore v Gould. We won football games. When we didn't in 1987 and 1989 it exploded.
Oh Polly :-).

I didn't say 'every' club - you pointed to the two merged clubs and I simply explained how they are nothing like the Bulldogs.
Hear nothing? Not that far removed from the Bulldogs except for the agitators who have just failed.

OK, so since you won't say it, you're referring to Peter McMahon and Paul Polly as two of those directors. Who's the third you refer to?
Ray might not run again but he's still sore over his ousting. He wasn't well for a period of time so maybe now has new priorities.
But still may have his stooges.
Everyone should remember - Club First, Team Second, Individual Third. That's why Khoury is good as Chair - he lives this mantra.

I really think you're overstating the Gould issue. We did that with Hasler and look where it got us.
The board would not be doing their job if it happened again.
Yes, of course NRL results are what matter - and by building the correct framework those results will come.

re: 1989 - it was nepotism. I don't blame Gould for being pissed off. He'd just won a Premiership in his first year at age 30 and was shafted.
He always loved the club - just didn't want anything to do with it whilst there were elements of Andersons/Moores there. As soon as that was gone he's back and he's working hard - for the club.

There's really not much else to it - and no conspiracies either.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well when this website allows turnstile name changes you just can’t keep track of who is who.
I don’t understand this part of the kennel forum.
Cant you show your previous name when u change names should be mandatory.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Well when this website allows turnstile name changes you just can’t keep track of who is who.
I don’t understand this part of the kennel forum.
yeah you can be an idiot get exposed and then change your name to Cheng or whatever and then act like it never happened

the rodzilla has been comfortable with his performance so that’s why the username remains the same

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yeah you can be an idiot get exposed and then change your name to Cheng or whatever and then act like it never happened

the rodzilla has been comfortable with his performance so that’s why the username remains the same
Rod the kennel malaka

You been jabbed too many times in the bum, re

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t wait to see the Krusty Drunkfield inside story of how Gould has the club over a barrel.. “Club and Board backed into a corner by dictator” or some other drunken dream that came to him while sitting in his piss soaked jammys at his typewriter.
Don't give 'em ideas FFS!!

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
how about we have stability with someone who didn't try to bring instability to the club over the previous 25 years, someone who is not good friends with danny weidler and together they hated the club for all that time

not only gould but pay, dymock, mason, paul dunn, it seems the best way to make it at this club is to join its biggest rival and play against us, especially if you broke contract to do so

the family club has become the cuckold club
Do you blame him considering how we treated him after accomplishing what he did in '88?