Blake Wilson

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Guy can make it. Just need to knuckle down and work on his all round game. His hands are disappointing and he has lots of errors in his game. Not silky at all. But he does have a gun winger on the other side who might be able to elevate him. If I was him I’d be shadowing the fox all preseason and doing all the extras Josh does too.

If he starts the year as our right winger though I fear that we have not progressed our game enough. Arguably Kiraz outplayed him on 1 leg this season.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He is decent but if I had to choose between Wilson or Skelton personally I would choose Skelton anyday.
No reason we can’t have both yo.
Outside backs as it stands (assuming Burton b 5/8 again)
1. Tafe
2. Foxx
3. Xerri
4. Crichton
5. Kebab
-
Perham (backup utility back 1-5) althoigh he might be leaving
Skelton (backup 2-5)
EQW (backup centre)
Having Wilson there too is ok. Xerri could be a bomb.
I would also say that completes the back line requirements of the top 30 though since drew can do centre too.

If they offload perham u best believe Wilson will take the spot.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s also possible his 2nd tier contract might be so sweet that he doesn’t care if he’s in 30 or not. He just gets to play reserves again for two months in 24

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He has a very good footy IQ and speee off the mark to match.

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i think wilson is good and done well in a shit team. ppl forget that not having good halves means everyone getting the ball looks shit because theres no creativity.. players like wilson and ado car need to be brought into the game and put into space so they can move and use their speed and abilities, our forwards need to go forth and be able to lay a platform for those players to run off and stop doing one out shit and move the ball around

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He might actually start at Parra as their outside backs are some of the worst in the comp so I can see him leaving tbh. Would love to keep him and Skelton but if one had to leave then Wilson it is.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I like the kid, but if we lose him that's life. Lots of good wingers in reserve grade that you could replace him with from other clubs if needed. Like Sam Stonestreet, Tom Rodwell.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly thought that was his worst attribute haha
Time will tell I guess. Just seemed to me to do things by instinct that I thought often ended up being the right option. Maybe I've got this one very wrong, after all I thought we could scrape into the 8 at the start of the season. Lol

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope he's here for long enough to establish himself and loyal enough to stay if money comes knocking. He played his debut season in a team struggling to find wins and has offered moments of brilliance. No player in our team has gone all year without errors and we can't dump him because he's made his share. Looks quick both mentally and physically and with experience, could be one of those types who has that one game where he just finds the pressure fades for him and it doesn't cloud the instincts he has and the physical attributes to capitalise. There's been games he's had moments that sway games our way.

Has plenty of competition to chase spots. But I think he'll rise to the challenge. Just got that willingness and ability. Needs to get consistent. But for me he's been a small shining light rock poking out of a turd of a season.

Last edited:

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope he stays and has the opportunity to grow and show his potential.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Fuck hope Parra don't snatch him . Can see it happening though, would probs walk straight into their NRL side. Hayze dunster and their other young backs that they have been trying to bring through have been very inconsistent and injury prone.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is a quick zip king but prolly wont make the starting line up in 24 but injuries are inevitable and to win a comp you need a good NSW Cup side so he is needed.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has a very good footy IQ and speee off the mark to match.
His footy IQ is poor. This is his biggest weakness.

Simple things like knowing where the goal line is. Knowing where the sideline is. He doesn’t even think to stick a leg out to force a 20m restart when he is centimetres away. Not just once either. He doesn’t think bigger picture. Doesn’t read the play well at all. The 1% extra’s don’t even seem to rate a thought in his head.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
His footy IQ is poor. This is his biggest weakness.

Simple things like knowing where the goal line is. Knowing where the sideline is. He doesn’t even think to stick a leg out to force a 20m restart when he is centimetres away. Not just once either. He doesn’t think bigger picture. Doesn’t read the play well at all. The 1% extra’s don’t even seem to rate a thought in his head.
This. Wild how different some people see it. Good player who has potential but yeah footy IQ would be literally the worst attribute he has from what I’ve watched lol.