Official Blake Wilson locked in for 2024 & 2025

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Club teasing another announcement today. Whats the bet these are counting as the 8-9 Gus signing. Hahaha

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good re-signing.
Better than a new signing just for the sake of it.

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Great signing , i see Blake as a natural fullback although can cover numerous positions. Blacker and Boyle still available Gussy?. Both stand at 195cm at 116 kg while the latter 114 kg.

T-Rocket

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Great news. He had a great debut season. Hopefully he can continue to develop and become a top player for us.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Where would he play?
Fullback or wing?
Would form a great CTW pairing with Crichton tbh. Don't think it'll happen, but that's what I'd like to see eventually

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Good boy! Would love to see him get a crack at fb somewhere.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You could play him at centre. At times when the opposition has got to the 50 and we need a hard yards carry on the 5th tackle he can drop back instead. Otherwise we will have 2 wingers that can be ragged dolled.
I thought he made good metres out of yardage.. great footwork and very athletic.. I’d start him on the wing instead of Kiraz.. I do rate Kiraz though so it’s going to interesting. Always good when we have depth competing for positions.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
My only slight issue with Wilson is his game awareness is poor at times and he gets found out defensively at times but he has all the attacking physical attributes for a good winger. Those two negatives can be coached out of him too

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My only slight issue with Wilson is his game awareness is poor at times and he gets found out defensively at times but he has all the attacking physical attributes for a good winger. Those two negatives can be coached out of him too
Agree with the game awareness side of things. This is his number one downfall. If he can fix this side of his game up he could be very good. It’s a strange one. It’s not something I ever see or notice in any player. With him though he seems to constantly have no idea where the Touchline, goal line or dead ball line are. Or what tackle it is.

I’m not sure how you coach this though? The basic ability to read the game and be able to predict what’s going to happen is a natural skill that most players (backs in particular )have just to make it to NRL level.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He looked like a first grader in waiting during limited minutes in the trials earlier this year.
Solid signing, rip in young fella.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great for depth. He might actually start if we don’t play Taafe at FB.

Crichton
Wilson
Xerri
Kiraz
JAC

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
7F63C060-3EDD-4DBA-9C40-06EDA28C6396.jpegNeed guys like these over dirty overpaid Panther

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Had better offensive output than Fox last season, absolute no brainer to retain him. Wilson right wing with Kiraz inside him at centre. The way Kiraz has spoken indicates he will be continuing at centre next season.