Opinion Blake Taffee

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Barba kinda had the same problem earlier on in his career but I can't remember if he was this shit...

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think he played well today but i still have huge concerns of him under the high ball, hes managed to drop one every week so far, thinking of him competing vs Mitchell for a high one next week makes me feel nervous. For me, id be bringing Fox in, Tracey to fullback, he on the other hand looked real solid under the high ball and returned it well. As i said Taafe was good today and im so happy with the win, i just worry about these errors vs better sides, we still arent a side that can just cough up easy ball.
Remember when ben barba couldn't catch a hight ball.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dunno about Wilson having a smaller frame? The club lists them like this...
  • Blake Wilson 188cm 92kg
  • Connor Tracey 183cm 87kg
  • JAC 183cm 88kg
  • Blake Taaffe 179cm 85kg
  • Jacob Kiraz 187cm 96kg
If you want a powerhouse winger, it's gotta be
  • Jeral Skelton 191cm 104kg

As for Xerri in Reggies...
Ball running is excellent; PCM are huge. Too many defensive lapses (team & individual) at the mo.

It's my guess that both Xerri and Skelton will play important roles for us this year.

Could this be our back 5?
  1. Kiraz
  2. Skelton/Wilson
  3. Xerri
  4. Critta
  5. JAC/Tracey
My mate worked as strength and conditioning coach at falcons. He said Wilson is the best athlete he's worked with. Very strong through the hips and maintains his balance perfectly whenever changing directions.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think most people recognise that Taaffe is a weak link in the side and I do think Tracey would be a better option for us but Taaffes not getting dropped this week, his game on Friday wasn't that bad.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Taaffe seemed to play closer to the action yesterday. Including a few plays in the halves.
He only needs a couple of opportunities in broken play to show what he can do and the pressure will be off.
If Ciraldo sticks with him he will improve each week just like every other player has been.
Ciraldo would never have expected Taaffe to be a fullback sensation from Rd 1.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He'll be trying lol and could have his yearly brilliant game.
I think he may be passed it Wendy when older players that are not fit play dirtier than they normaly do then he is on the slide. Fatrell will slide fast.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because Fox is walking straight back in if fit. So, who misses out?
Not sure good problem to have. Fox ain’t setting the world on fire anymore tho as much as we all love him at the dogs

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Barba kinda had the same problem earlier on in his career but I can't remember if he was this shit...

Barba had 0 confidence under the high ball he would let them bounce and shit himself in his first year, Theres noway souths played taffe at fb in a final series (he did reasonably well) if he cant catch surely its a confidence thing

Stargate44

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My mate worked as strength and conditioning coach at falcons. He said Wilson is the best athlete he's worked with. Very strong through the hips and maintains his balance perfectly whenever changing directions.
OUR NUMBER 1....

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why anyone would want to drop him before a game against his former club is bizarre!!!

Did no one see HahaHarper turn into a world beater against us round 1?

The Taaffe master class is coming...

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Because Fox is walking straight back in if fit. So, who misses out?
I feel it will be Wilson as there is less disruption. Not my number one choice but I can see it happening.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'd still prefer Tracey at FB, but you have to give credit to Taaffe for his effort.
On the Brimson bombed try he had the sun in his eyes, copped a knee in the chest and still ran back to try clean up just incase.
I know it doesn't mean much because it was a knock on, but I shows the kids commitment to not die on a play.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I feel it will be Wilson as there is less disruption. Not much number choice but I can see it happening.
I think CC loves Wilson as do I. Can't see him getting dropped. I feel like Tracey playing wing lines up with testing the waters for potential run at FB, by assessing his kick returns / tough carries.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think CC loves Wilson as do I. Can't see him getting dropped. I feel like Tracey playing wing lines up with testing the waters for potential run at FB, by assessing his kick returns / tough carries.
Plus he is a 5/6 coming up in the grade. He would be able to ball play.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just don't like his footwork or his attempt at at being elusive which looks like a kid playing tag.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Plus he is a 5/6 coming up in the grade. He would be able to ball play.
Yep. Also his "2nd error" I feel like Titans player touched the ball. Either way he does need to get a better vertical leap.