Opinion Blake Taffee

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thankfully this guy is in our team. Just imagine if we still had Perham at fullback...

He gives us some spark in attack and gives his all. He might not be the long term fullback but I am happy he is in the team.
Not to have a go. But you know he took 22 runs or what ever for 110 meters.

I’ll agree he is a solid player. But he isn’t a fullback. Maybe a half or 5/8. But he stifles our sets with poor kick returns. Seems to do a little dance before the line then slips over.

I sound like a broken record but the best fullback at the club is Connor Tracey and daylight to second.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not to have a go. But you know he took 22 runs or what ever for 110 meters.

I’ll agree he is a solid player. But he isn’t a fullback. Maybe a half or 5/8. But he stifles our sets with poor kick returns. Seems to do a little dance before the line then slips over.

I sound like a broken record but the best fullback at the club is Connor Tracey and daylight to second.
I've said all along Critta is the guy. However, given the pre-season and with Xerri not ready I think we will have to wait.

I am happy to wait with Taaffe at the back. Nothing about our club is a quick fix, it's going to take time to find that consistent winning formula.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
One thing I don't like about Taaffe is how he nearly always runs diagonally towards the middle of the field, and then gets analed. I'd like to see some straight-on kamikaze style runs from him every now and then.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I've said all along Critta is the guy. However, given the pre-season and with Xerri not ready I think we will have to wait.

I am happy to wait with Taaffe at the back. Nothing about our club is a quick fix, it's going to take time to find that consistent winning formula.
True but is time for CC to make some tough calls. Taafe has been better but Tracey looks a better option. Also needs to drop one of salmon or Morrin for another middle forward. Morrin is tricky was good in his first stint but stayed on way to long. Don’t blame the sin bin on him.

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
One thing I don't like about Taaffe is how he nearly always runs diagonally towards the middle of the field, and then gets analed. I'd like to see some straight-on kamikaze style runs from him every now and then.
were you around to watch brett hodgson?

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes try Taaffe at ½ and Connor Tracey at FB.... the record's stuck (click), the record's stuck (click), the record's stuck (click)...............

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True but is time for CC to make some tough calls. Taafe has been better but Tracey looks a better option. Also needs to drop one of salmon or Morrin for another middle forward. Morrin is tricky was good in his first stint but stayed on way to long. Don’t blame the sin bin on him.
Salmon cost us today. 3/10 performance.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didnt realise how slow Tracey is i thought he was bit quicker than what he showed today..

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wish we went after Tristan Sailor when he was off contract last year.

He has more attacking ability than our combined spine

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That was a halfback type play. Put him at 7 and Wilson 1.
I have been saying this for a while, when he does something good it's a halfback play style, people tell me he is a liability in defence there,
IMO if CC wants to stay loyal to the players based on their undeniable great efforts he should consider switching their positions
1 Tracey
2 Kiraz
3 Burton
4 Crichton
5 JAC / Wilson / Xerri
6 Hutchison
7 Taaffe / Sexton
In a blink of an eye this backline could be special, we will never know unless we give it a go !
The only possible obstacles are EGOS !

Last edited:

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Great game from Taaffe actually feel sorry for him having to play on the back of fucking Hutchinson and Burton.
Yep agree thought he played well at the back. Looked solid and 2 of his kicks for the backs, close to the line were very effective, one leading ti a try. Definitely worth persisting with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This was the first game I've been able to sit down and watch. So I haven't seen the two supposedly poor games he put in. But he looks like a goer to me. Was present a lot in support to receive the ball in traffic, hence some his short runs.

He's not perfect, but if he's improving, give him a couple more games and see. We suffered through Perham, an aging Hopoate. Taaffe is showing good signs.