• Bench as second hooker

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • NSW Cup

Votes: 22 12.8%

• Total voters

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised to see Taafe get a few games at half in Cup at the start of next year. Partner him up with Oloapu and see how they go. Sexton's ok but Taffe's got some X factor and plenty of game sense. Id like to see us test the waters a bit there.

Surely Burton's gotta show vast improvement as a half to save himself from a spot in the centres. It must be tempting to leave Crichton in the centres, but he should play full back IMO. He's a special player and even if hasn't shone at fullback in a few goes here and there, he's got all the skills, including a good passing game and aggressive defence. Give him a full pre-season there and he won't look back.

transom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised to see Taafe get a few games at half in Cup at the start of next year. Partner him up with Oloapu and see how they go. Sexton's ok but Taffe's got some X factor and plenty of game sense. Id like to see us test the waters a bit there.

Surely Burton's gotta show vast improvement as a half to save himself from a spot in the centres. It must be tempting to leave Crichton in the centres, but he should play full back IMO. He's a special player and even if hasn't shone at fullback in a few goes here and there, he's got all the skills, including a good passing game and aggressive defence. Give him a full pre-season there and he won't look back.
In a way I probably wouldn't mind if Burton moved back to centre. Creighton on the right and Burton on the left. But then have the problem of replacing 5/8.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Kiraz
2. Skelton/Wilson
3. Xerri
4. Critta
5. Addo Carr
6. Burton
7. Taaffe
This is what I would like to see. I can really see Wilson as a potential Edwards type fullback. Pretty big body, strong and fast. Looked pretty safe under the high ball as well. I really rate him and hope he can rise to new heights. I’m hoping he knocked back Parra to be our fullback as my understanding was it was his natural position.

I’d love to see more of Skelton in first grade but I’m afraid he will need to wait for an injury. This would have to be one of the quickest back lines in the game and it’s hard to coach against.

1. Wilson
2. Kiraz
3. Xerri
4. Critta
5. Addo Carr
6. Burton
7. Taaffe[/QUOTE]

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a way I probably wouldn't mind if Burton moved back to centre. Creighton on the right and Burton on the left. But then have the problem of replacing 5/8.
Taaffe was a ⅝ in his juniors.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just want to see some determination if granted the opportunity he can a real shot at owning a fullback spot in an up and coming team.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised to see Hutchinson at 7 if he out performs Sexton in pre season and trials. He could be the calm steady experience at 7 we are looking for to help unlock Burton. Plus he is a big body defensively

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised to see Hutchinson at 7 if he out performs Sexton in pre season and trials. He could be the calm steady experience at 7 we are looking for to help unlock Burton. Plus he is a big body defensively
The are many options for the 7
Sexton Hutckison Taaffe Mann, I'm hoping trials will determine the right halfback.