• Bench as second hooker

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • NSW Cup

Votes: 22 12.8%

• Total voters

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, as soon as it was announced Taaffe had failed his HIA I switched the game off. No further interest from me.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I still can't make any sense of losing Averillo and gaining Taaffe. I've tried being delusional & positive but I can't do it any more.

Bulldogs are in a mess and who knows when the hell we are getting out.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, as soon as it was announced Taaffe had failed his HIA I switched the game off. No further interest from me.
This is the high light of the year if souths lose. I hate them kants

• Love
Reactions: 88

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'll judge him at our club. Clean slate for him and no big names with a mortgage on all his potential positions. I hope he gets here with the plan to excel and lock down a position and forge the rest of his career as a permanent starting player. We're due for some luck. If we wind up striking a player at the right time it's signs we're on a good trajectory.

King and Kiraz were also some good signings without much fanfare. Hopefully Taaffe is the next no frills signing that we're all gushing over when the new season gets underway.

Roscothebulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
I still can't make any sense of losing Averillo and gaining Taaffe. I've tried being delusional & positive but I can't do it any more.

What’s so hard to make sense of? We are getting Taaffe for around half of what the Dolphins are paying Averillo. It’s called sound salary cap management.

Last edited:

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Im honestly in the same boat as you, but I really think we need to let this “should’ve kept Averillo” narrative go.

He signed for more $$ and didn’t want to stay. If he can defend I would have been pissed off that we let him go, but CC didn’t see his asking price worth his playing ability. Hes excellent in attack but does go MIA in games.

Taaffee went off with a HIA and was pretty interesting with the ball the time he had it

We need to support anyone that wears the Blue and White jersey and back our team up. Will it work? Maybe, maybe not but in CC I have faith

Last edited:

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
34 ppl voting for him so far to be FB.. lol

He is Nsw cup material at best.

2024, replace 1 dud in Perham and replace him with another dud in Taffe.. great logic
He’s no Edwards but he’s a good player and definitely a first grader and definitely better than anyone we’ve had at fullback for a long time

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Probably a 300k difference.

Your getting Taafe and WGB for Averillo's phins salary.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Taafe will prove to be an astute signing. Averillo goes missing too much in games.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we land Koloamatangi, then Rabbitohs fans will be fuming. He's a bankstown boy and grew up in the area. Used to support us when he was young.
If we put an offer on the table, there is no way he's refusing that. With how the Rabbitohs are performing, i think he wants to leave the club.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keaon Koloamatangi and Viliame Kikau in the second row is fucking lethal.

Moeaki Fotuaika and Siosiua Taukeiaho as starting props, with Reed Mahoney feeding the scrums and setting up crash plays.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
8. Moeaki Fotuaika
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Siosiua Taukeiaho
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Keaon Koloamatangi

I expect us to land either Fotuaika or Koloamatangi, with TPJ retiring.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There is not a chance on this planet SST will be starting

Will be lucky to play same games and minutes as JR did this year

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Critta will be our fullback and a good one with a full pre season under his belt training there

Taafe was always signed to be 14 and cover 7.

when people realise this the better. debating over nothing