• Bench as second hooker

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • NSW Cup

Votes: 22 12.8%

• Total voters

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What are peoples thoughts on where Taaffe will play next year?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Blake Taaffe.. fast,goes hard, got many tricks up his sleeve. Very versatile player!! You guys already know where I think he should be. he’s a better 1 and 7 than what we have. And would do a damn site better on the wing than the fox (who)? :tearsofjoy: As long as my man claims either spot and stays put I’m a happy Chappy lol.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Taafe at 1 and Crichton in the centres

We need Crichtons defence in the front line

Penriths' right side defence got ripped apart against Parra because Crichton wasn't there. Cleary, Martin and To'o were still there on the right hand side and with Crichton it's nearly impregnable, but without Crichton there last Thursday there were gaps everywhere

Lord knows we need stronger defence so that in itself should see Crichton in the centres with Taafe at fullback

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Taffee and burto did win a origin as 6 & 7 didn’t they? Might be a hidden connection there ?
1. Critta
2. Fox
3. Skelton
4. Xerri
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. Taffee

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is the most experienced and complete Fullback in our squad next season. Also worryingly he is probably one of our 2 best halves aswell. And would make a great 14 too.

The thing is how Ciro will play him (who brought back Hayze, Alamoti and okunbor today instead of bringing in someone like Skelton or Hughes).

The other worrying thing is he might be the best in the squad at 1 or 6/7 but he would rate in the bottom 3 in those possies in the comp.

I’d personally love to see him at 1 or 6 and I’d love to see Critta slot in at centre and just give Burton a year at centre until we get a dominant 7 then we can try him at 6 again. Burto looks mentally exhausted and just has no game management.

The fact of the matter is without pulling some rabbits out of the hat we will be hovering around the same ladder position for a 5th season in a row with no real improvement.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I think our strongest backline is
1.taafe
2. Addo carr
3. Crichton
4. Xerri
5. Skelton

I think Kiraz has gone backwards and wilson just doesn’t have the game breaking ability of the others
Wilson at 5 xerri needs to prove himself Skelton at 4

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Critta will be first choice fullback and will be a great one with a full pre season there. he’s a big game player and the more he touches the ball the better we will be.

Taafe will be 14
Burto 6
Sexton 7 but Taafe will be breathing down his neck

Ciro In

New Pup
Reaction score
I think Taafe at 1 and Crichton in the centres

We need Crichtons defence in the front line

Penriths' right side defence got ripped apart against Parra because Crichton wasn't there. Cleary, Martin and To'o were still there on the right hand side and with Crichton it's nearly impregnable, but without Crichton there last Thursday there were gaps everywhere

Lord knows we need stronger defence so that in itself should see Crichton in the centres with Taafe at fullback
This I 100 percent agree with

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he is pretty much a like for like replacement for Averillo.
Both are small in stature, very fast and can fill multiples positions in the back line.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's his actual position coming through juniors, 5/8th or HB?
Fullback. Switched to the halves in sg ball, won jersey flegg as a half then moved back to fullback.. his junior resume isn't overly impressive.. played indigenous rep teams but doesn't look like he made nsw throughout his junior years

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Taffe
Fox
Bruno Xerri
Critta
Wilson

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don’t be surprised to see him start as our number 6 next year