Opinion Blake Green

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Seriously how the fuck did we end up in this situation AGAIN!? Foran isn't even gone yet and we've repeated the same mistake.
Because we're run by a bunch of clowns that don't have any sort of plan in place.

Malla

Reaction score
I would say there is some truth to this. Given the injury, he will probably be out for a large part of 2021, if not all, so makes sense to seek medical retirement.

Only thing that worries me is Baz going to bring on to replace him if he is medically retired. Benji? Re-sign Foran?

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can understand what the club was trying to do with the Green signing but the ACL injury has just screwed things up for us. It's just bad luck. At this point, it would make sense to try and coerce him retirement and go for Benji if they want an experienced half for 1 year.

From Blake's perspective, does he really want to go through a whole preseason just to play footy for 4 months max? As others have said, throw him a bone by offering him a coaching gig for a couple of years and move on

Personally I would have no problem with 2 young halves (assuming one of them is Burton) but the club seems intent on having an experienced half for 1 year so Benji seems like the best option as I dont think Foz will change his mind and go for a 1 year deal

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably taking into account his age and recovery time ie he will miss all pre season and chunk of season proper

Pay him to coach in some capacity

Get Benji to fill that one year role
Sorry but that won’t be sufficient enough. ACL is nothing these days. He will probably be back in time for round 1. Don’t know what age has to do with it either.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say there is some truth to this. Given the injury, he will probably be out for a large part of 2021, if not all, so makes sense to seek medical retirement.

Only thing that worries me is Baz going to bring on to replace him if he is medically retired. Benji? Re-sign Foran?
Dude it’s an ACL injury not leg replacement. He may even be back by round 1 which is over 7 months away

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

There was 4 messages prior to this explaining why medical retirement won't work. Cmon man

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it also a coincidence it's around the same time Benji Marshall is looking for a new club
Hope so. Bring benji over to the doggs. No question.!!