News Bizarre run of NRL signings leaves Bulldogs fans bemused

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ya think maybe Gus has recruited players in younger age groups that they see as long term NRL players and we have signed players from strong clubs to bide the time instead of splashing all the cash immediately on a quick fix so we don’t have to do it all again?

Which is essentially what he has said since day one.
Very important FACT they purposely keep on ignoring...Who's AVAILABLE ?
We needed props leaders and a play making halfback...
But who doesn't know of our relentless attempts to sign the best of somewhat was available Haas & Tino Hunt and Moses
I will not elaborate about the reasons, not now anyway.
I will say it was for very different reasons, otherwise we would have had 2 of them on our roster now !!!

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder whether people realize that a “utility” isn’t born a utility.
they’re just a player that’s good enough to play multiple positions on a team thats good enough that they don't have a starting spot for them.
If you’re at the bottom of the table, the top teams utilities are still better than most of your starters.
Here is the problem...
The Nif Nafs on TK want a super star in every position, it's not how it works in team sport.
Salary cap makes it impossible to achieve anyway.

Last edited:

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the problem...
The Nif Nafs on TK want a supper star in every position, it's not how it works in team sport.
Not impossible if u are the roosters.....they have superstars across the park

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr Chris.
The question is, do we trust them or sceptically think they are trying to buy time?
I am also curious what is with the utility signings.
Is it part of a new style of play, shape shifting, nimble game? Or is it desperation of some sort?
The forwards looks really bad.
Look at our juniors.
Remember what state they were in?
Where are they now?
Rebuilding from the bottom up.
By the time Gus is finished, if the club was a car, we will be left with a fully pimped-out AMG, Audi, or Alpina instead of the Camira we've been left with by prior generations.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kurt mann played well today, will be a good addition imo
CC and Gus know exactly that we needed hard working no nonsense footballers, then the fancy ones can effectively do what they do
We still need 2 big boppers to join SST to create momentum and maintain it off the bench, as I've previously said they don't need to be of Haas's quality.

Last edited:

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Look at our juniors.
Remember what state they were in?
Where are they now?
Rebuilding from the bottom up.
By the time Gus is finished, if the club was a car, we will be left with a fully pimped-out AMG, Audi, or Alpina instead of the Camira we've been left with by prior generations.
Showing your age by mentioning Camira lol

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Here is the problem...
The Nif Nafs on TK want a supper star in every position, it's not how it works in team sport.
The state we are in it will cost 30-40% more to get a star player to leave their club. It's impossible to build a team that way. Many of the roosters players come through their system . We will be there one day, sooner than later. We will recruit for the future and provide opportunity now for the players on the cusp . Very confident next year will be a good year

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The state we are in it will cost 30-40% more to get a star player to leave their club. It's impossible to build a team that way. Many of the roosters players come through their system . We will be there one day, sooner than later. We will recruit for the future and provide opportunity now for the players on the cusp . Very confident next year will be a good year
I don’t want it to be a good year. I just want them to fight in every game and show us they have improved. We definitely will be ready for 2025 next year we will need to go up ten gears compared to this year

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Firstly, you can be sure the 30-40% is also paid by the Rorters, the difference is we have a cap they have sombreros.
Don't forget we are the pioneers of juniors developments, were that's until Greenturd & Hitler Hasler.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quality thread. Great article bro. It’s amazing that you can pump out such fkn high quality dj mixes and still have the time to search for the latest anti bulldogs article written by a year 10 student
It's amazing what "AI" can do nowadays...

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Very important FACT they purposely keep on ignoring...Who's AVAILABLE ?
We needed props leaders and a play making halfback...
But who doesn't know of our relentless attempts to sign the best of somewhat was available Haas & Tino Hunt and Moses
I will not elaborate about the reasons, not now anyway.
I will say it was for very different reasons, otherwise we would have had 2 of them on our roster now !!!
why can’t you tell us which two players we would have had on our roster?
And possibly tell us why?