Bird's girlfriend says suspension is unfair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=634567

Cronulla Sharks chief executive Tony Zappia will not be moved to reinstate Greg Bird despite pleas from the player's girlfriend.

Katie Milligan, who is recovering from cuts sustained in an alleged glass attack by Bird on August 4, has told News Limited that she believes that the Sharks tough stance shows that there are inconsistencies in the way clubs deal with off-field incidents.

The Sharks have been under increasing pressure to allow Bird to play in next weekend's preliminary final against the winner of the Storm-Broncos match on Sunday, following a season-ending injury to stand in five-eighth Brett Seymour.

The Sharks are yet to win a premiership in their 41-year history, despite making it to three grand finals. Prior to his suspension by the club, representative player Bird was seen to have a key role in the first genuine premiership-winning aspirations for 20 years.

In an interview published today, Milligan says that it is unfair that Bird should be kept on the sidelines while Broncos players Darius Boyd, Karmichael Hunt and Sam Thaiday who are under investigation for an alleged sexual assault, are all allowed to play.

"It's hard to watch people play who have actual complaints against them from other girls my age," Milligan told News Limited. "Whereas I don't want any charges to be pursued. I have not filed any complaints or pressed any charges but Greg has continued to be stood down.

"In my mind those two situations don't reconcile themselves."

Milligan has not pressed charges against Bird, however an apprehended violence order put in place by police continues to keep the two apart. Bird is due to face court in relation to the alleged assault on October 8.

Sharks boss Tony Zappia denies that his club is treating Bird unfairly.

"… at this point in time, charges have been laid against Greg and in other situations that is not the case.

"It is also my understanding those players have co-operated with the police and their clubs, providing information in relation to the said incident. "That has not happened in this particular case."

Milligan denies she is under pressure from anyone to continue to campaign for Bird's reinstatement with the Sharks just one win away from the grand final berth.

"I'm supporting him for a hundred reasons and number one is because I love him. That's what you do when you love somebody."

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
indeed. how can u defend some1 who glassed u?

unless it was an "accident". only justification i have is she was going down on him and she bit him so he just grabbed wateva and chucked it and it happened 2 hit her in the eye :p

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
boo fricken woo

If its so unfair tells the cops what really happened

He tried to put his mate in sh*t, he deserves everything he gets

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
lol if he glasses her other eye :p

morgandogs

ARMIT LOVE
Reaction score
the differen e is bird was charged hunt boyd and thaiday where only questioned not charged so the two are are the exact oppisite

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I agree. A bloke should have every right to glass his ho if she steps outa line, how else are we going to keep those biatches in line????

My ho doesnt read this forum so im safe lol.

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
Should be allowed to play.
To me and speculator, he is the perfect role model for all kids in australia

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
As celebration Birdy should be allowed to glass Davo in public while KISS music is being played in the back ground.
I feel the nations pride!!

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Greg Bird didnt glass her hard enuf the 1st time. Wat does she see in him lol

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
lol all she is doing is giving false hope 2 some losers out their that girls love the glassing fetish

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
ooh laalaa ive got my glassing hand ready

GTJOHN

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meh....what a waste...i cant understand her ...Love is love but come on a leopard does not change his spots... What does she want us all to Say hes a top bloke that just had a moment of madness ?????..... maybe he did , but there are jails full of people who had a moment of madness....
Why cant these idiots ( bird & his G/F) ..just resolve this on their own without going to the papers all the time....f*&% prima donnas

=Sarah=

Long live MJ
Reaction score
i think shes in fair in saying that BUT she does deserve to be glassed again for staying with him.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Hmmmm .... lets join some dots.

Law-student victim.
Media savvy.
Wont pursue charges.
Rich boyfriend with big profile.
Has rich boyfriend by the balls.

Now it's crystal ball time .....

Magazine stories to highest bidders over next 6 months.
Even richer boyfriend if allowed play & wins comp.
New contract negotiation.
More potential sponsors.
Joint investments together.
Marriage.
Greg Bird gets royally f*cked over when he hits her again when drunk !
She gets half + Damages !

If she walked away now, there's no return on her investment. She sees plenty in him alright ! She's so ruthless it's impressive !

Disclaimer : Pure speculation. What else could her angle be ?

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
that seems a little ridiculous to me..

but hey if she wants to get hit, let her..

Status
Not open for further replies.