Billy Slater to retire at years end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Billy karate Kick Slater Grub 1st Class

On-field referee Ben Cummins said at the time: "What you've done is kick him going through the air, that was an act of prior foul play."

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So the NBL will rig the GF for the retiring grub/s?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So the NBL will rig the GF for the retiring grub/s?
Storm vs Roosters for sure. 2 retiring NRL sweethearts vs Uncle Nicks financial advise. Greenturd will be beside himself. Does he rig the GF for the Melbourne love-fest and news headlines think Souths 2014 or does he bend over for the Billion dollar man with loose purse strings and inside info??? What a dilemma :grinning:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
A lot of people hated him but I think it was because he was too good, his shoulder reco comeback was another sign of determination, I thought it would snap for sure.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of people hated him but I think it was because he was too good, his shoulder reco comeback was another sign of determination, I thought it would snap for sure.
Someone can be both a good player, and a karate kicking ninja that ‘trips’ over air, while also being a grub sometimes.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is damn good as a player but also a grub of the highest order.

Tbh we would love him if he played his entire career with us as opposed to the storm, but since he didn't he's a piece of shit

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hope the door hits him on the way out. Good enough player i suppose but ive hated him fir being a grub for years.

Sadly hes likely to show up in the media more when he retires, not less.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Slater retiring from league probably means he'll have a role created for him in the media.That will be vomit worthy to say the least. But he's been fawned over for so long that they're not going to leave him in obscurity if he has a desire to keep earning through a media role.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Slater retiring from league probably means he'll have a role created for him in the media.That will be vomit worthy to say the least. But he's been fawned over for so long that they're not going to leave him in obscurity if he has a desire to keep earning through a media role.
Just like his mates Smith and Gronk.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hope the door hits him on the way out. Good enough player i suppose but ive hated him fir being a grub for years.

Sadly hes likely to show up in the media more when he retires, not less.
As long is it's not the door of anything I own. I wouldn't want to have to clean shit off it.

I probably wouldn't despise him for his grubbiness so much if he didn't have the media lining up to kiss his ass. I find him more despicable because he's painted as a saint.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just like his mates Smith and Gronk.
I'll have no issue with Gronk winding up in the media role, but the three of them will all probably get at least part time gigs.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A prick and dirty grub of the highest order..did sly things..’Who me sir..whaaat really?’ shit..and the Media massaged his balls.. But hey he did score that sensational pick up of Lockyer’s chip kick..then chipped himself and regathered to score his first try in Origin..which honestly something only he could do..but he still remains a skid mark on the toilet bowl of the NRL..

Last edited:

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he should have been a pitcher in major league baseball he nearly knocks people over with his passes

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best fullback I have ever seen play the game tbh
Amen to that. Best fullback or possibly best footballer any of us have ever seen or ever will possibly. Slater and melbourne have never done anything canterbury and brad morrin hasnt.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the rubbish about calling him a grub. What about our own backyard ? He might of been a bit of a grub sometimes, but what about all the pussys he did it too taking shit off a 5 ft jockey. Whats there excuse !

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
All the rubbish about calling him a grub. What about our own backyard ? He might of been a bit of a grub sometimes, but what about all the pussys he did it too taking shit off a 5 ft jockey. Whats there excuse !
I Do recall graham making love to Billy’s ear, plus I don’t think Slater was the best fullback of all times Mullen’s was hands down the best of the best and when it was a brutal game.

Status
Not open for further replies.