Big game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malla

Reaction score
I think this Dragons game is the biggest of the year.

If we win, we need to turn that into a mini win streak and push us back deep into the top 8. I feel like our attack is back on song with what we managed to dish out against Canberra. No doubt our defense needs to improve and it will - I just hope we continue to attack the same way we did against Raiders and not play boring football.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think a lot depends on if Borris is back or not.

If it pans out like I think with Hodkinson at 7, Lafai back and that stupid rotation with Mbye, Reynolds and Lichaa there might not be many points in us.

Anything can happen on the day so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I am not confident at all with Hokko in our team.

I'd fall off my chair if we score more than 10-12 points

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

That's okay mate, I will help pick you up.Lol.

Like you I am not overly confident that Hokko can lift enough to allow us to score tries like we did last week.

Malla

Reaction score
It was definitely evident in the game against Raiders that we played a lot more of an expansive game without Hokko.

In saying that, I think we are going to win through the middle against Dragons. Our forwards need to dominate through the middle and get the second phase play going. Really hope the boys step up as a group and get it done on Monday.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
The attack against Canberra was not as good as we want to believe. Their defence in the first 30 minutes was dismal. After they put a few tries on late in the first half we went back into our boring routine. We are going to be outpaced in games all year. We have no reply to a quick play the ball and get very little advantage from having one of the best running dummy halves in the game because nobody ever supports him.
I honestly can't see us troubling the Dragons with our current form. Browsing through our wins this year and none have be super impressive.
I really hope I'm wrong.

Malla

Reaction score
The attack against Canberra was not as good as we want to believe. Their defence in the first 30 minutes was dismal. After they put a few tries on late in the first half we went back into our boring routine. We are going to be outpaced in games all year. We have no reply to a quick play the ball and get very little advantage from having one of the best running dummy halves in the game because nobody ever supports him.
I honestly can't see us troubling the Dragons with our current form. Browsing through our wins this year and none have be super impressive.
I really hope I'm wrong.
I somewhat agree... but we also put a lot of pressure on Canberra through the middle hence why we found ourselves with so much space on the edges. It won't be as easy against Dragons though.

I did like the way we countered with 2 tries late in the second half though. I thought that showed that when it was time to move and score, we could get it done. The only reason why I think they went into their shell in the middle of the game was that we almost forgot how to win, because it's been so long. Once we get a couple of wins on the trot, we'll find a our rhythm and things will seem easier.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Benji and Widdop on fire
Reynolds and Trent cold as ice if not antarctica
enough said
bmoz is the only hope with jammer

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Benji and Widdop on fire
Reynolds and Trent cold as ice if not antarctica
enough said
bmoz is the only hope with jammer
Reynolds was very good against canberra, hokko however will be passing on the 5th and doing kicks that go 20 metres tops.

Dogzillaman

New Pup
Reaction score
A 5-0 penalty run to the raiders put us back in our shell. A low penalised and evenly reffed game is what the dogs need. If they got this most games we'd see better results. We will beat the dragons if this is the case but defence does need much improvement coz the dogs rarely ever see a penalty count in their favour.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds was very good against canberra, hokko however will be passing on the 5th and doing kicks that go 20 metres tops.
it would seem reynolds plays his natural game when hokko doesnt play

i think hokko has more of a leading role then reynolds and when they play together it negatively influences the way josh plays

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

All Hodkinson has got going for him is that he is a huge liability.

The scene: Hodkinson does nothing - Reynolds compensates by trying to do everything - No good ball to the outside backs who are standing flat as per usual - The forwards say "Stick it up your arse Hodko" and a shambolic defeat puts another nail in our coffin.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score

I'm with you on this one. Will still be hoping that we win the game but yeah I can see us struggling to score more than 2 tries.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Going on the law of averages, I say theyre going down ...

They haven't had any injuries or suspensions this season (apart from that token week given to one of their no names.)

Status
Not open for further replies.