Official Best wishes to dwz

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure how much we are allowed to front load payments but I have this theory.

Prior to Dallin leaving we still have 1 spot left this year which means we would still have 1 x player salary also available.... let's say around 400k.

So, instead of paying Dallin 400k next year, pay 400k forward out of this year's cap, cut our loses and have our full cap available next year.

Then just promote a rookie Into the top 30 this year.

I reckon that's doable and gives a a totally clean slate for next season.

Then, just pay The Cheese Dall's 800k next year.

Pheonixss

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All the best DWZ,I loved his no fear attitude. Unfortunately his salary didnt match his skillset, but the bloke had more heart then half our players put together.

i dont understand why ppl bag him about his salary, He took what was offered to him, each and every one of you would take that money also.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All the best DWZ, always gave 100% and ripped in for the club, fans and his teammates.

Nice touch from Luke Goodwin and his Kiwi colleagues to send him off with a haka!
Did not know Lukey Goodwin was on the staff at the Dog's, real nice bloke had some work dealings with him when we both worked in the mining sector about 8 or so years ago.

All the best DWZ not your fault they overpaid ya mate, the knockers here are just fucking jealous :laughing:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Unless there's someone we desperately want and the only way to get them for next year is for them to come early (e.g. someone like TPJ) I'd be front loading all of DWZ's contract so we have nothing/very little to contribute next year (if you're allowed to change an official contract, DWZ wouldn't lose any money, just the way he's paid is different).

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
All the best DWZ,I loved his no fear attitude. Unfortunately his salary didnt match his skillset, but the bloke had more heart then half our players put together.

i dont understand why ppl bag him about his salary, He took what was offered to him, each and every one of you would take that money also.
It's not his fault but even at his best he wasn't worth anything over 550k to us, we should of let him walk instead of what we did (850k is pathetic, and not even believable, that's how bad it is).

Pheonixss

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's not his fault but even at his best he wasn't worth anything over 550k to us, we should of let him walk instead of what we did (850k is pathetic, and not even believable, that's how bad it is).
Not his fault at all. If we offered him 450k (which i think he is worth, especially as a great person to have amongst the team) he probally wouldve accepted, its not asif he had offers of big money elsewhere. Thats on the club, not him

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not his fault at all. If we offered him 450k (which i think he is worth, especially as a great person to have amongst the team) he probally wouldve accepted, its not asif he had offers of big loney elsewhere. Thats on the club, not him
100%.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He just announced on IG his going damnnn about time

Die For The Badge

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Played his heart out. Unfortunately it's on to much for the return on investment, the king of unsuccessful captain's challenges, a liability which the warriors will take the risk on now. Thanks for the good memories when they happened in the first season DWZ!

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shame we are paying anything toward his move, but better to have $400k free than tied up.

No idea if we have our eyes on someone already, but hope we do.

Wish him well at the Warriors.

Did not know Lukey Goodwin was on the staff at the Dog's, real nice bloke had some work dealings with him when we both worked in the mining sector about 8 or so years ago.

All the best DWZ not your fault they overpaid ya mate, the knockers here are just fucking jealous :laughing:
Luke coached the Harvey Normans Womans Premiership side last year. He's part of the wellbeing/player ambassador group at the Bulldogs.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably looking forward to re-uniting with Marcelo Montoya....:grinning:

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would’ve loved him to stay but just not on the big $$$ he was reportedly on
He’s a 400k player max and isn’t a fullback

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the few players suddenly available for a mid season swap now is TPJ (after his 3-4 week suspension he wouldn't cost much) and coincidently he's the type of prop we need. Big body, intimidating, runs hard in attack, hits hard in defence. He's probably on about the same money this season as DWZ, maybe less. Tigers need an experienced leader in the forwards - someone more like Finucane to stop the rot than TPJ.

No way are the Sharks letting Johnson go early. There's only 3 more players we need - TPJ, B.Smith and Johnson. Might as well sign the one available now and go hard for the other 2 for 2022. Flano has to go. Fire sale for him, Waddell, and Stimson.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
One of the only players suddenly available for a mid season swap now is TPJ (after his 3-4 week suspension he wouldn't cost much) and coincidently he's the type of prop we need. Big body, intimidating, runs hard in attack, hits hard in defence.
only problem with TPJ is he turns his defence and effort areas on/off (depending on day/week/month, etc.) and sometime tries too hard in the wrong parts of the field (e.g. where he offloads/doesn't have the best feel of the game). I still think the positives outweigh the bad tho and I'd place him at the top of the list from what's "available". We're lacking some x-factor, talent, ability, which he'll definitely bring.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
only problem with TPJ is he turns his defence and effort areas on/off (depending on day/week/month, etc.) and sometime tries too hard in the wrong parts of the field (e.g. where he offloads/doesn't have the best feel of the game). I still think the positives outweigh the bad tho and I'd place him at the top of the list from what's "available". We're lacking some x-factor, talent, ability, which he'll definitely bring.
Yes we're crying out for some X Factor alright. I just can't understand why when we have 6 tackles right on the opposition tryline we waste tackles 1-4 with settlers for one big play on the 5th which we usually f..k up anyway. Just makes it easier for our opponents to focus on defending one tackle only (tackle 5). Why waste such field position ? We should throw everything we have at them for the whole set.