Best dogs game/s you've ever been to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That belmore thread brought back some nostalgia and im sure this thread has been done before... but anyway... for mine, it was the 1994 major semi final vs canberra.

You can find it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVvw4qLWhNg

At the time I lived out of sydney and didnt get to go to games often as i was still young. My old man who was born in bankstown and is a mad dogs fan (i was brainwashed from birth) took me up to the game. It was my first time ever at the SFS and the stadium was absolutely packed. When we won the crowd went nuts. I happened to be sitting next to a canberra supporter (the rest of the area was 99% dogs fans) who i am pretty sure wanted to hit me but couldnt because i was a kid. We ended up winning 19-18 in extra time and went onto play them again in the grand final and get the sh~t kicked out of us. However, that game was the best ive ever been to. The walk back from the SFS with everyone to central or whereever it was we parked the car near was also memorable with everyone pumped.

The second best game I ever went to was the first game of 2009 vs Manly. 2008 was a shocking season. SBW, Mason, spoon, dud team etc etc as we all recall. With all the new signings for 09 there was hope, but noone would have expected it to go the way it did. We spanked their bums in the pouring rain and me and some other random dogs fans i had never met and was sitting near were hi fiving, everyone was hugging and crap around us everytime we scored. I think after so much pain it was one of the most satisfying games ever.

After that my best memories of dogs were in my youth. Not being at the games, but on a sunday afternoon, coming back from a day at the beach with my parents, eating an ice-cream in the car and listening to around the grounds. I cannot tell you how many times that must have happened.

Apologies for the nostalgia trip and go the dogs!

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cannot go past 1998 Major Semi v Parra! I went with 4 parra fans. Was a looking like a terrible day that turned into one of the best days of my life!

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Cannot go past 1998 Major Semi v Parra! I went with 4 parra fans. Was a looking like a terrible day that turned into one of the best days of my life!
Me to, I went with 4 of my mates all dogs fans, we shaved our heads like Hetherington and wore face paint.
I went with my now wife (girlfriend at the time) she WAS a psrra fan and wore a parra jersey, LOL we covered her up as we partyed with other roudy dogs fans on our way back to our car. We played dogs are talking by the angels full blast as we drove in the car to Beverly Hills hotel for a few drinks after the game, Was a live band and got them to play dogs are talking, I was so hyped for the GF that year.

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
Best doggies game I was at was 2003 round 9 against the chickens when the game was won in the final minute with the AWSOME "UTAI SLAM"

Check it out here. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3vpp--EQuI

Still gives me wood every time I watch it!

Last edited by a moderator:

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Game v newcastle in Newcastle down bigtime at halftime
We came back in second half hazem
Kicking the conversion after the buzzer to win the game
From the sideline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiWcGE0HDo

hazems goal from the sideline

Last edited by a moderator:

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grand Final 2004
total regret of mine. i was living in another state at the time.

but now i have resolved myself that any gf we make in the rest of my lifetime i am going to make no matter where i am.

i bet that game was insane to go to. :(

Benny77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
From the sideline
Was going to mention that one, also at another game V Newcastle at Homebush, think we were down 22 or 24 nil at ht, came back to win, went down on a bus from newcastle, they were very quiet on the way home lol

HazElMagic

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
From the sideline
I have so many but I think this one ^^ would be my favourite.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Warriors v Dogs R26, 2004 at Ericcson (Mt Smart now). That was my first dogs game, I met all the players and my idol at the time (Hazem), he let me go on the team bus and talk to a few of the players too. Greatest day ever for a young dogs fan, and I still have some signed posters.

I didn't tell any of the players I was Book from the kennel though.

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
2005, Round 20 where Grimaldi chased and stripped the ball from Karmichael.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Great memories guys. After 35 years years of supporting it's hard to narrow it down. The 2003 game against the Chooks was a great game, a massive build-up after the 2002 salary cap debacle. The final against Penrith at the SFS had a very special feel to it - I suppose when you win a game to make a GF it's always special.

Notable mentions to 1998 semi v Newcastle and some of the big games in 1984/85 against Parra at Belmore - always packed and an amazing atmosphere.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
98 semi vs Knights - Joey even had that as one of his best 5 games. Tore them apart in extra time
04 GF - wasnt the best game football wise for an outsider I guess but pretty ****ing exciting for a Dogs fan

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
98 semi against Parra. I had a view along the try line where Polla reached out to score in overtime.

Brothers boy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The 1974 major semi at the scg against the chooks who were about 3 to 1 on and were one of the best club sides of all time. the master garry hughes put a little kick through on the bell and johnny peek raced through to score at the randwick end near the posts. the berries won 19 to 17 and were through to the grand final where they held their own , although beaten in this game. phil charlton had a blinder and smashed big artie all day in the semi.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
98 against Parra for me. Dad lifted me up just after Silva scored and the camera caught us at the perfect time. Definitely wont ever forget that game.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Honourable mention to the 2009 "Video Ref-gate" match against Dragons at Kogarah.

Down by plenty with 20 to go.
Crowd on the hill was like a moshpit !

Yeah some folks threw bottles, but if it wasn't for d*ckhead WEndell Sailor running over to give us a big "f*ck you" it wouldn't have happened.

I knew we'd come back, and we did ... never doubted it ... only thing that stopped us was Soward the milkman.

After the game, we had weeks of fun here on TK photo-shoppin' Soward to hell and back.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My first game against the cowboys in 03 or 04. My dad took me to watch us smash them in a stadium completely full of dogs supporters and only 2 cowboys supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.