Best Bulldogs Fullback of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Honestly what game have u been watching?
Have u ever seen pattern score the tries barba score? No
Have u seen patten save 2 tries like barba did on the weekend?
No, as good as patten was he doesn't hold a candle to barba
Now Chippy ... I can handle you dissin' Hodkinson, I can even tolerate the odd anti-Romelo post ... but no-one ... NO-ONE, gets off lightly dissin' The General.

M

morgeen

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs captain Michael Ennis will play his 150th NRL match when he leads the side out against the South Sydney Rabbitohs at ANZ Stadium this Good Friday afternoon..

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Greg Bretnall was the first and remains one of the best modern-day fullbacks. Before the mid 1970s, it was rare to bomb on the last tackle and kicking was for the sideline to win scrums against the head.

Bretnall remains one of best bomb takers of all time, had one of the longest punts of all time, was safe defender and great at chiming in back line raids. He is criminally under rated.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Greg Bretnall was the first and remains one of the best modern-day fullbacks. Before the mid 1970s, it was rare to bomb on the last tackle and kicking was for the sideline to win scrums against the head.

Bretnall remains one of best bomb takers of all time, had one of the longest punts of all time, was safe defender and great at chiming in back line raids. He is criminally under rated.
Agreed, before him it would be Les Johns!!!

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rod "The Rocket" Silva , My favourite player!! loved his side step.

H

Hitman

Just like to know your thoughts on the best fullback this great club has ever seen and whether or not Barba could become the best fullback of our clubs history. I'm not saying he is right now, but he is well on a good path to get there.
we had a few good fullbacks in our time

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
I have seen Les Johns play when I was a kid.. so, I have seen all of them really. But for mine, Mick Potter is up there, but Gary Dowling was THE best. He could destroy any defensive line when he put his mind to it. Sadly, Gary died some years ago in a motor vehicle accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.