Bennett blames toxic workplace environment for clubs performing badly (He will never coach us)

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Highly unlikely Bennett would consider coaching us. We have to be one of the main clubs he is talking about as being a toxic environment.

Might be why Gould rejected us also.

As he says, it is very easy to always blame the players. Even if it is the players aren't management (who created the roster) to blame for that also ?

Wayne Bennett blames ‘toxic’ clubs for scary NRL trend
Wayne Bennett has pointed the finger at underperforming rivals for causing a huge NRL issue that is causing fans to turn off.

James Matthey
jamesmatthey

JULY 5, 20217:31AM

Pause
Loaded: 0%

Current Time 0:24
/
Duration 0:30
Fullscreen
Your video will play after the ad
NRL: South Sydney Rabbitohs head coach Wayne Bennett speaks on his team's Round 16 performance against the Wests Tigers.

Wayne Bennett has teed off at suggestions rule changes in the NRL are causing more blowouts, instead putting the onus on clubs with “toxic environments” to sort themselves out and become more competitive.
Speaking after South Sydney beat Wests Tigers 38-22 on Sunday afternoon, the Rabbitohs coach said clubs making poor decisions had to accept responsibility for the spate of games with huge winning margins.
Watch The 2021 NRL Telstra Premiership Live & On-Demand on Kayo. New to Kayo? Try 14-Days Free Now >
On Saturday, Manly thumped the Bulldogs 66-0, Gold Coast belted Canberra 44-6 and Newcastle ran riot against the Cowboys in a 38-0, resulting in a 148-6 bloodbath across all three matches.
Melbourne hammered the Roosters 46-0 on Thursday too as the round finished with an average winning margin of 26.75 points — making it the most lopsided NRL round in 20 years.
Many have pointed to rule changes speeding up the game as the reason for widening the gulf between the best and worst teams in the league, but Bennett doesn’t want to hear excuses.
“Management of clubs has a huge result on performances at the moment. Clubs have got to take a hell of a lot more responsibility than they are taking for the way the game is being played. It’s as simple as that,” Bennett said.
“I’m not going to name names and not going to name clubs but if you look at some of the decisions they’ve made, some of the things that have happened to players ... I wouldn’t want to be at that club and I know if I was in that club I wouldn’t be playing very well.
“Clubs and their management and things that are happening at clubs are absolutely adding to the scoreboards.”

FROM OUR PARTNERS

Watch Friends: The Reunion on BINGE Get BINGE Basic from only $10/mth
Canberra fans walked out during the Raiders’ loss to Gold Coast.

Canberra fans walked out during the Raiders’ loss to Gold Coast.Source:Getty Images
Bennett said the buzz around rule changes — such as introducing set restarts for ruck infringements and players being offside within the 10m — and blaming underperforming players was a beat-up that distracted from the real problems.
“I listen to you guys … you keep blaming the players. You’re so off the mark it doesn’t matter. You’re not in clubland, you don’t understand how it works,” Bennett said.
“Until the club itself gets their management in order, their whole ship, the club, the players will not be able to respond. But you keep blaming the players.
“You’re saying, ‘They get paid so they should go out there and play’. Not one of you guys go to a toxic environment to work and do your best work.
“You’re professional in your roles as journalists, it doesn’t happen for you. It’s no different in a football team.
“But the easy blame is to put the blame on the player because he’s not playing well, or the team’s not playing well. You’ve got to look deeper than that guys, because that’s where the problem is.
“It’s not the rules, rules may be part of it, you just look at some of the transfer and movement of players within clubs, in the last month even. It’s pretty ordinary stuff.”

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Highly unlikely Bennett would consider coaching us. We have to be one of the main clubs he is talking about as being a toxic environment.

Might be why Gould rejected us also.

As he says, it is very easy to always blame the players. Even if it is the players aren't management (who created the roster) to blame for that also ?

Wayne Bennett blames ‘toxic’ clubs for scary NRL trend
Wayne Bennett has pointed the finger at underperforming rivals for causing a huge NRL issue that is causing fans to turn off.

James Matthey
jamesmatthey

JULY 5, 20217:31AM

Pause
Loaded: 0%

Current Time 0:24
/
Duration 0:30
Fullscreen
Your video will play after the ad
NRL: South Sydney Rabbitohs head coach Wayne Bennett speaks on his team's Round 16 performance against the Wests Tigers.

Wayne Bennett has teed off at suggestions rule changes in the NRL are causing more blowouts, instead putting the onus on clubs with “toxic environments” to sort themselves out and become more competitive.
Speaking after South Sydney beat Wests Tigers 38-22 on Sunday afternoon, the Rabbitohs coach said clubs making poor decisions had to accept responsibility for the spate of games with huge winning margins.
Watch The 2021 NRL Telstra Premiership Live & On-Demand on Kayo. New to Kayo? Try 14-Days Free Now >
On Saturday, Manly thumped the Bulldogs 66-0, Gold Coast belted Canberra 44-6 and Newcastle ran riot against the Cowboys in a 38-0, resulting in a 148-6 bloodbath across all three matches.
Melbourne hammered the Roosters 46-0 on Thursday too as the round finished with an average winning margin of 26.75 points — making it the most lopsided NRL round in 20 years.
Many have pointed to rule changes speeding up the game as the reason for widening the gulf between the best and worst teams in the league, but Bennett doesn’t want to hear excuses.
“Management of clubs has a huge result on performances at the moment. Clubs have got to take a hell of a lot more responsibility than they are taking for the way the game is being played. It’s as simple as that,” Bennett said.
“I’m not going to name names and not going to name clubs but if you look at some of the decisions they’ve made, some of the things that have happened to players ... I wouldn’t want to be at that club and I know if I was in that club I wouldn’t be playing very well.
“Clubs and their management and things that are happening at clubs are absolutely adding to the scoreboards.”

FROM OUR PARTNERS

Watch Friends: The Reunion on BINGE Get BINGE Basic from only $10/mth
Canberra fans walked out during the Raiders’ loss to Gold Coast.

Canberra fans walked out during the Raiders’ loss to Gold Coast.Source:Getty Images
Bennett said the buzz around rule changes — such as introducing set restarts for ruck infringements and players being offside within the 10m — and blaming underperforming players was a beat-up that distracted from the real problems.
“I listen to you guys … you keep blaming the players. You’re so off the mark it doesn’t matter. You’re not in clubland, you don’t understand how it works,” Bennett said.
“Until the club itself gets their management in order, their whole ship, the club, the players will not be able to respond. But you keep blaming the players.
“You’re saying, ‘They get paid so they should go out there and play’. Not one of you guys go to a toxic environment to work and do your best work.
“You’re professional in your roles as journalists, it doesn’t happen for you. It’s no different in a football team.
“But the easy blame is to put the blame on the player because he’s not playing well, or the team’s not playing well. You’ve got to look deeper than that guys, because that’s where the problem is.
“It’s not the rules, rules may be part of it, you just look at some of the transfer and movement of players within clubs, in the last month even. It’s pretty ordinary stuff.”
Not having a dig at him but Bennett will go anywhere for the right price. When he went from the Dragons to the Knights, it was all because of the dollars offered by Tinkler.

Warburton needs to get on the front foot as our leader and come out this week with some announcements.

Malla

Reaction score
Sorry but this is coming from the same bloke who cheated on his misso for some young staffer at the Knights? He has 2 disabled kids and left his wife to fend for herself while he went and fucked a broad 20 years younger. We all know about the toxic environment this creates at Newcastle hence why theyre in the shit theyre in now still trying to get out of it.
He created that shit in Brisbane too.

Last thing I really want to see is Wayne talking about toxic work environments. I think its time he fucks off and retires, the game has passed him.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sorry but this is coming from the same bloke who cheated on his misso for some young staffer at the Knights? He has 2 disabled kids and left his wife to fend for herself while he went and fucked a broad 20 years younger. We all know about the toxic environment this creates at Newcastle hence why theyre in the shit theyre in now still trying to get out of it.

Last thing I really want to see is Wayne talking about toxic work environments. I think its time he fucks off and retires, the game has passed him.
Really, he has Souths absolutely firing. Got the maroons home last year, worst ever qld side, come on.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolute BS!

There have been toxic environments in various clubs for as long as there's been rugby league - why are we only seeing these blow out scores now?

Because the new rules allow and enhance blow out scores that's why.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really, he has Souths absolutely firing. Got the maroons home last year, worst ever qld side, come on.
South sydney have had 50 points put on them twice this year, so he must also be talking about the toxic environment at his club?!!
50 pointwins are happening left right and centre. Does he seriously think half the NRLol clubs have toxic environments? Bullshit!
Bennet loves to try and stay relevent. The rule changes are the reason for the blowouts! If you cant see this your blind.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The inconsistent 6 again rule and the inconsistent high contact rule are what allows referees to pick and chose where momentum is - early momentum (which is extreme compared to previous years) causes the defending team to blow all their energy in defence early.

Malla

Reaction score
Absolutely firing does he?

They were basically one play away from a grand final in 2018 with Seibold. Bennett inherited that at Souths and left for dead the shit he had at Broncos.

I dont think last years victory is because of Bennett in origin. But he will take the credit.

He is passed it.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

100% this. THE biggest hypocrite in the game. Both times his side was pumped by 50 he blamed his players.

Against Melbourne when asked if they got any injuries Bennett said "They didn't play hard enough to get injured."
Against Panthers in Dubbo Bennett told his players to have a shower and get out.

Bennett has two faces and a forked tongue.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Highly unlikely Bennett would consider coaching us.
Good.
His time is up, except maybe a part-time job like coaching the Maroons (see if Green lasts if it’s 3-0).
Skeletor is moving back to Brisbane regardless, he’s already said this, he has most of his family there.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Absolutely firing does he?

They were basically one play away from a grand final in 2018 with Seibold. Bennett inherited that at Souths and left for dead the shit he had at Broncos.

I dont think last years victory is because of Bennett in origin. But he will take the credit.

He is passed it.
Sam Burgess carried Souths on he’s shoulders. And yes they are firing. He had Brisbane in the finals till seebs took over. Milf was playing better, the whole team was. Fifita would probably still be there if Bennett was still around

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
South sydney have had 50 points put on them twice this year, so he must also be talking about the toxic environment at his club?!!
50 pointwins are happening left right and centre. Does he seriously think half the NRLol clubs have toxic environments? Bullshit!
Bennet loves to try and stay relevent. The rule changes are the reason for the blowouts! If you cant see this your blind.
I must be blind.

Malla

Reaction score
Sam Burgess carried Souths on he’s shoulders. And yes they are firing. He had Brisbane in the finals till seebs took over. Milf was playing better, the whole team was. Fifita would probably still be there if Bennett was still around
Sam Burgess ay? Lol the bloke he was covering up for who was using someone elses piss to beat drug tests?

Please mate, save it. Bennett is a piece of shit.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
2014, we were runners up. Ten of our games throughout the year were all blowouts. Some us winning, some losing. I guess it didn’t matter as we were competitive

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not having a dig at him but Bennett will go anywhere for the right price. When he went from the Dragons to the Knights, it was all because of the dollars offered by Tinkler.

Warburton needs to get on the front foot as our leader and come out this week with some announcements.
Plus he lies to suit himself and also sucks up to officialdom and the refs to suit himself.

Having acknowledged that, he has valid points and our club is at the forefront of those issues he highlights.

A thriving club in Des' first year, with all grades in GF, could not have self imploded so spectacularly EVER.

Just heartbreaking to see (and experience).