Bennet Showed Everyone How to Beat Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
A number of Broncos players mentioned their plan heading into last night's match was to keep the ball in play as much as possible, move the ball around, and tire us out.

Bennet's provided every coach with the blueprint of how to wear us down.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
A number of Broncos players mentioned their plan heading into last night's match was to keep the ball in play as much as possible, move the ball around, and tire us out.

I don't think it was that much of a big secret....

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
A lot of teams showed everyone how to beat the Dogs. Hell even Des shows everyone ffs

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Lol
That's the basic game plan by every club who play us lol

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
seriously its no rocket science.

you have the manual , step by step to follow instructions, its upto teams to implement it.

you dont need to be super talented to beat dogs team.

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sharks showed how to beat us.
Canberra Showed How to beat us.
Cowboys showed how to beat us.
Brisbane showed how to beat us.
Dogs showed how to beat us.

Everyone's known how to beat us since 2013 as we have NOT changed our style.. LITERALLY. So in fairness credit to the boys for not being flogged by 50 week in week out with the same style of footy for 4 fukn years.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

yup that was obvious after ten mins as well as kicking early turning the big boys around

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Bennett, Green, Robinson, Arthur, McGuire, Flannagan etc etc.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score

I don't think Bennett uncovered the secret, and I also don't think you nailed it on the head in terms of what the trick is.

I believe the biggest trick to beating us is Instructing players to rush up in defence (referees don't seem to be interested in blowing 10m penalties against us). This is of particular importance on the first and second tackles.

History has shown that when we get momentum and quick play the balls from our first and second tackles, that we start to gain ascendency over the opposition. However, if the opposition stops momentum or has us going backwards on tackle one/two then we generally lose our way.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Broncos didn't beat us , we beat ourselves. We tried to play their style. Stupid off loads.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I'm still laughting at how Bennett showed everyone how to beat the dogs.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
To be honest the Bulldogs showed how shit the Broncos are.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every game is like that,
last week not once manly where on side even des mentioned it in the press conference saying there 10 was abit short.
Tbh....I've never blamed the refs this year accept for last night....every game both teams are offside but last night it was blatant.

The whole game plan for the Groncos was to kick to the corners in our red zone and creep up inside the 10. When our wingers and centres were running out of dummy half they were also not square and we couldn't get out nor get it to our forwards.
It forced us into errors (from our backline) because they were getting frustrated gaining no metres and trying to get out by spreading the ball and stupid off loads.

Only once did the Broncos have Boyd running around the back even though he is usually involved in every play when they are attacking. He was nowhere to be seen.

Our attack inside the opposition 20 was the usual garbage, but I cannot get over the officiating.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Every game is like that,
last week not once manly where on side even des mentioned it in the press conference saying there 10 was abit short.
Exactly. That is the Bulldogs achilles heal.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Tbh....I've never blamed the refs this year accept for last night....every game both teams are offside but last night it was blatant.

The whole game plan for the Groncos was to kick to the corners in our red zone and creep up inside the 10. When our wingers and centres were running out of dummy half they were also not square and we couldn't get out nor get it to our forwards.
It forced us into errors (from our backline) because they were getting frustrated gaining no metres and trying to get out by spreading the ball and stupid off loads.

Only once did the Broncos have Boyd running around the back even though he is usually involved in every play when they are attacking. He was nowhere to be seen.

Our attack inside the opposition 20 was the usual garbage, but I cannot get over the officiating.
I usually go to the games and the whole night I'll be screaming get them on side but refs and touchies don't care much until it benefits them.

Status
Not open for further replies.