Benji Marshall

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think we should be doing the opposite personally. From what I've seen in previous years all signs point to panic stations. I've lost faith in the coach and until I see something otherwise that's my stance. I'd love to be wrong tho. Benji will say nice things because his brother plays for us (but hopefully not this week).

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
JAC scored 6 tries in 1 game last year. He'd be lucky to score 6 tries this year in this shit show...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I think we should be doing the opposite personally. From what I've seen in previous years all signs point to panic stations. I've lost faith in the coach and until I see something otherwise that's my stance. I'd love to be wrong tho. Benji will say nice things because his brother plays for us (but hopefully not this week).
Right. Hopefully we will play a hooker who is worse instead.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Put the fox at fullback, dufty to the wing, cook hooker, schop as centre and flanagun at half. That's all we could do the mean time.
If Dufty's not fullback he's 14 or out of the side. Dufty's been one of our best spine players this year (and I'm saying that from someone who never wanted him).

chuckynemo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Dufty's not fullback he's 14 or out of the side. Dufty's been one of our best spine players this year (and I'm saying that from someone who never wanted him).
Yeh you are correct, he has been one of the best. But our best is still pretty shit and we need to find the right formula. I honestly think fox is just out of place and fullback will bring him out. Dufty alone is good, but fox might interact with the offloads alot better just as Barbar did when we were ontop

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeh you are correct, he has been one of the best. But our best is still pretty shit and we need to find the right formula. I honestly think fox is just out of place and fullback will bring him out. Dufty alone is good, but fox might interact with the offloads alot better just as Barbar did when we were ontop
I would of signed JAC to play fullback or at least gave it a year. When we signed Dufty afterwards I knew that wasn't a chance of happening tho. I just don't think we can have a 500k winger that isn't the best metre eater winger in this team.

chuckynemo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I would of signed JAC to play fullback or at least gave it a year. When we signed Dufty afterwards I knew that wasn't a chance of happening tho. I just don't think we can have a 500k winger that isn't the best metre eater winger in this team.
True, Dufty was an adhoc signing indeed and ruined the prospect of JAC at fullback. Stupid recruitment

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Benji is one person I’ve always respected, he’s always humble and doesn’t talk as much crap as other media junkies etc, at least he’s humble with his comments. !!

chuckynemo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
he's played years of wing in Indigenous, NSW and Australian rep sides. he is a winger. the issue is the people playing inside him not getting him the ball when he's able to properly utilise it
Agreed, therefore we might need a half-back to get him more involved right? But my point was that since we don't have a half back, fullback is the only way to get him involved. He can't do shit on the wing. I also don't think we ever are going to get a good half back

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JAC isn’t a fullback, he has never played fullback, he is a winger full stop.
Why not just put him there for a couple of games and see? We'll be lucky to win a handful of games anyway. Can't just dish out the same crap for another 20 rounds.