Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Do we know it's Benji though?

High profile sportsman could be anyone.
I found this ....
Identity-suppressed sportsman granted bail
String of charges follow bar incident

VICTORIA ROBINSON
Source : http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/sport/5251346/Identity-suppressed-sportsman-granted-bail
Last updated 16:20 07/07/2011

A sportsman has been granted bail on charges relating to an incident where he allegedly punched a woman in the head in a Queenstown bar last month.

The sportsman is facing charges of escaping custody, resisting arrest, assault and assaulting police.

He is the subject of wide-ranging suppression orders, including suppression of name, occupation, past career and any details likely to lead to identification
Also ..... Wests played Warriors at Mt Smart on June 12 .....

That being said, it's impossible to tell and yes it's very naughty of me to be doing this sort of thing ... it could be Jonah Lomu or Sir Richard Hadlee for all we know.

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
I found this ....
Also ..... Wests played Warriors at Mt Smart on June 12 .....

That being said, it's impossible to tell and yes it's very naughty of me to be doing this sort of thing ... it could be Jonah Lomu or Sir Richard Hadlee for all we know.

I would love it to some how be Sonnybill.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He hasn't gone to court for the Sydney one yet either.

If it was to come out that he was responsible for the one in NZ as well, then gees, he'd have a hard time proving innocence the second time around.

Another thing I noted:
http://www.3news.co.nz/Assault-accu...today/tabid/423/articleID/217848/Default.aspx

The article is posted today, but claims the incident happened last Wednesday.. making it the 29th of June the offence took place. It agrees with the "last month" from the other article.

Storm vs Warriors 26th June @ Mt Smart Stadium.

So you'd assume any NRL team would have been on the plane the 27th or 28th (before the offence took place).

BUT

Storm and Warriors had a bye the weekend after however, so they could have had players stay there and enjoy time with family (and drinking).

I'm becomming more and more skeptical that this is anything NRL related, and pretty much certain it's nothing to do with Benji.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You guys do know that Queenstown and Auckland are ****ing miles from each other right? It doesn't seem logical that any team would go to Queenstown if they were playing at Mt Smart in Auckland, it requires a flight between Queenstown and Auckland.

The Storm having a bye is interesting, but didn't the Storm have players going into Origin camp? And I think Queenstown had trouble around that time with flights because of the ash cloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.