BENJI BECOMES BULLDOGS’ PLAN B AS SHARKS LIFELINE FADES

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What? Are you telling me MasterP is another Nashweed alias? I know he's got a few but surely not MasterP
Haha.

Think he's just saying that you like everyone's posts mate thus demonstrating your 'good dude' status.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha.

Think he's just saying that you like everyone's posts mate thus demonstrating your 'good dude' status.
Maybe you're right. I wasn't sure if he was implying that MasterP was Nasheed or that I have liked Nasheed's posts in the past
TBH, I don't pay that much attention to the poster. If their comment is good, I like it, even if we had disagreements or fights in the past.
Nasheed can be an annoying c*** but that doesn't mean I can't like some of the shit he says

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe he has to an extent but it's not always about on field performance. Either way, he'll bring experience to a very young halves player at the very least.
Yep I am 50/50 on whether to sign him. But the point I was trying to make is that a lot of people are saying he would be great for our younger players.

The records of clubs he has been at are shit both when he was there and after. So if we want to sign him all well and good but it can’t be for anything off the field he brings

dogluvver

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Further proof that the Kennel is providing ALL the oil for the MSM!

I don't mind the thought of Benji for a year if we don't land Burton (Avo to FB - $ for a hooker not Ado Carr) as he will bring game experience and the flair that Flanno lacks, but I doubt his specific half mentoring as Brookes doesn't seemed to have improved at all "learning" from Benji.
Good point.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck Plan B. Get Plan A done. Penrith will be under salary cap pressure. If they want a player swap then fine. We can't go into next year with Benji/Sezer/Lewis/JMK in the fucking 6 jersey. It'll just be a waste of time. C'mon man
You sound like Biden...c'mon man. Understand that once you eliminate the impossible then what you have left is possible, however improbable it may sound. What goes for stolen elections also holds true to rugby league players. Benji for 1 season wouldn't be too bad.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Yep I am 50/50 on whether to sign him. But the point I was trying to make is that a lot of people are saying he would be great for our younger players.

The records of clubs he has been at are shit both when he was there and after. So if we want to sign him all well and good but it can’t be for anything off the field he brings
I can see where you're coming from.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe Burton is done for 22,23. 21 is still being negotiated with Pennies and is why Benji is on stand by as the plan B.
You know that....or just hoping.....

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You sound like Biden...c'mon man. Understand that once you eliminate the impossible then what you have left is possible, however improbable it may sound. What goes for stolen elections also holds true to rugby league players. Benji for 1 season wouldn't be too bad.
Actually I stole that saying off a friend of mine. Not sure who he stole it off
LOL at stolen elections.
I could live with Benji for 1 year but I'd rather not

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Sharks came in with a decent offer, something to think about for Burton's I guess.
I'm not concerned about Sharks at all, he'd be mad to choose them over us. We will counter their offer and win when it comes to crunch imo

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not concerned about Sharks at all, he'd be mad to choose them over us. We will counter their offer and win when it comes to crunch imo
Agree, the Sharks are no threat to us. What is appealing playing under John Morris with an ageing roster? If he wants to improve his game, Baz is the only coach for him. In fact, even staying at Penrith wouldn't be good for this development now that Baz is gone.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Agree, the Sharks are no threat to us. What is appealing playing under John Morris with an ageing roster? If he wants to improve his game, Baz is the only coach for him. In fact, even staying at Penrith wouldn't be good for this development now that Baz is gone.
Doubt morris will even be there. Had a falling out with fifita and whoever else. Sharks are not renewing his contract

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If that is our plan b, it’s scary to think what plan c&d are . . . Trying to get Mortimer and Lamb fit during the pre- season I suspect

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that is our plan b, it’s scary to think what plan c&d are . . . Trying to get Mortimer and Lamb fit during the pre- season I suspect
That's a pretty good plan c & d. I'll still back a 60 year old Turvey and Baa over Wakeham+Lewis any day. One thing is for certain, Turvey and Baa still have better vision and footy smarts than Wakeham+Lewis will ever have and I wouldn't be surprised if Turvey is still faster than those 2 after a few months training.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's a pretty good plan c & d. I'll still back a 60 year old Turvey and Baa over Wakeham+Lewis any day. One thing is for certain, Turvey and Baa still have better vision and footy smarts than Wakeham+Lewis will ever have and I wouldn't be surprised if Turvey is still faster than those 2 after a few months training.
Ain’t that the truth.They’d be way more creative.Even if Turvey just chipped for Baa you know he’d be backing up. A fat bloke with 1 leg on a pogo stick would beat Lewis in a race

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ain’t that the truth.They’d be way more creative.Even if Turvey just chipped for Baa you know he’d be backing up. A fat bloke with 1 leg on a pogo stick would beat Lewis in a race
You're not wrong. I'm on the wrong side of 40, haven't been to the gym for 2 years and I'll still back myself over Lewis in terms of throwing the footy further, faster and more accurate than that dud. How did the club ever put themselves into this position where we've had the worst halves in the comp for nearly 10 years. I long for the days of Mortimer magic with his chip over the top and regather, blinding speed from a standing start and those glorious try saving cover tackles. An absolute match winner that few doggies fans born after the mid 80's will ever be able to comprehend.