Bench Rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yet again we saw a Bulldogs team that was clearly tired, with a fresh player on the bench in RFM who didn't see one minute of game time.

What's the point of having four second rowers on the bench, particularly when Jackson always plays 80?

Put Eastwood back in the middle where he belongs.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Pathetic use of the bench once again. It was a good laugh last night haha.

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yet again we saw a Bulldogs team that was clearly tired, with a fresh player on the bench in RFM who didn't see one minute of game time.

What's the point of having four second rowers on the bench, particularly when Jackson always plays 80?

Put Eastwood back in the middle where he belongs.

please bro what do you know??? have you not heard the saying " if it's not broke why fix it?" (or someshit along those line) our game plan OBVIOUSLY was working so why bring RFM on?? RFM was obviously there for a specific purpose to cheer and support from the sidelines and warm the seats...lol

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eastwood should be on the bench coming on and playing through the middle

He's best games 2012 were coming off the bench playing up the middle. The bloke simply is not a backrower as he's fitness levels are not up to standard for that position.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not just the use of the bench but also the starting combo. Our workers start and our impact comes on all together. It leaves us with flat spots to start the game and after half time.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
For once I can agree with des it would have been hard getting Rfm on as Jacko going hard all game - trex getting good metres if anything we needed Danny f instead of that pretender brown but at the end of the day last night our backs lost it not our forwards

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For once I can agree with des it would have been hard getting Rfm on as Jacko going hard all game - trex getting good metres if anything we needed Danny f instead of that pretender brown but at the end of the day last night our backs lost it not our forwards
I agree with you, but the man on the match last night was the ref.

I hate the way we play like robotic morons and I never mention the refs with our loses, though last night the refeering was atrocious.

That penalty before half time that led to the try was a piss take. No one on the field knew what happened when that schmuck blew the whistle.

I only saw Darius Boyd do the run around once last night and tbh he was nowhere.

The Groncos kicked to the corners and we're inside the ten (7-8m) every single play when we were trying to get out of our redzone. We couldn't move, we were desperate trying to throw the ball around to get out and we didn't do it well. That was the game plan and the refs executed it to the tee. I seriously cannot get over the refeering in our redzone, otherwise our attacking structures inside there 20 were the standard - shit

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate I'm fairly certain Jackson played restricted minutes last night. Trex was left side, Eastwood right side. Jackson only came back on for last 10. Our bench rotation is dumb. I don't think Graham and Tolman should be playing long minutes. I'd split 80 between them. With the other 80 split between Kas starting, and Fualalo bench. If Kas can't play 40 mins, he really shouldn't be in 1st grade. Eastwood is not a 80 min 2nd rower. Last night he was limping, and still he didn't chuck on RFM.

I hate the way we play like robotic morons and I never mention the refs with our loses, though last night the refeering was atrocious.

That penalty before half time that led to the try was a piss take. No one on the field knew what happened when that schmuck blew the whistle.

I only saw Darius Boyd do the run around once last night and tbh he was nowhere.

The Groncos kicked to the corners and we're inside the ten (7-8m) every single play when we were trying to get out of our redzone. We couldn't move, we were desperate trying to throw the ball around to get out and we didn't do it well. That was the game plan and the refs executed it to the tee. I seriously cannot get over the refeering in our redzone, otherwise our attacking structures inside there 20 were the standard - shit
That penalty right on HT was a load of shit. Even in the first half. There was an instance where bmoz offloaded it to Jmoz, he bumbled it but regained it. Ref ruled knock on, yet replays showed no knock on or forward pass. Every bomb hunt put up Boyd chasing through was 2m in front of hunt.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Trying to take my blue and white goggles off it does feel the refs are not fair to us like ffs are we the only side that is offside at marker

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
My point is, why have four backrowers in your side in the first place, when one always plays 80.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Trying to take my blue and white goggles off it does feel the refs are not fair to us like ffs are we the only side that is offside at marker
We always get pinged for stuff others do against us or stuff that isn't even worthy, it's starting to become a joke. Some of those penalties that led to tries were just so questionable, also Broncos players said things to the referees which aren't nice plus threw the ball away on one occasion and no penalties...

The NRL need to be nice to us the corrupt dumb ***** because our team is what's keeps this shit competition alive in Sydney, if we left the comp for 1 year the NRL would come crawling back to us because they'd notice it in their pocket which is the only thing they care about.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Jackson played fuck all last night lol

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The worst rotation in the nrl by far
Well i am curious as to why our 4th guy never seems to get any time... but tbh i take little interest in the benches of the other 15 teams to know how we comlare.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mate I'm fairly certain Jackson played restricted minutes last night. Trex was left side, Eastwood right side. Jackson only came back on for last 10. Our bench rotation is dumb. I don't think Graham and Tolman should be playing long minutes. I'd split 80 between them. With the other 80 split between Kas starting, and Fualalo bench. If Kas can't play 40 mins, he really shouldn't be in 1st grade. Eastwood is not a 80 min 2nd rower. Last night he was limping, and still he didn't chuck on RFM.

That penalty right on HT was a load of shit. Even in the first half. There was an instance where bmoz offloaded it to Jmoz, he bumbled it but regained it. Ref ruled knock on, yet replays showed no knock on or forward pass. Every bomb hunt put up Boyd chasing through was 2m in front of hunt.

Only played 58 minutes the least amount all year other than one of the Eels games where he played 54 minutes.

I know that a coach needs to be sure a player can work his way into a game quickly and effectively but surely there was some use for RFM on Thursday night, if not then Hasler needs to have someone else on the bench who can do the job. Does he have no confidence in the player?

Can't keep the fellas playing until they are on empty and then expect a miracle when we are behind come the final ten minutes by two converted tries. RFM has lovely footwork and an offload, why keep him on the bench when he would be of far more use on the field? His changes revolve around just a few, depending on who is playing of course : Graham, Tolman, Klemmer, Browne and when he replaces someone mostly he just brings straight back on the players who were the ones replaced.

Basically all year coach has had Tolman and Graham in rotation ( they have played 1350 & 1322 minutes respectively from 22 games and only Tolman has played 80 minute games 4 times ) .

I agree that Kas should play more minutes and cherry pick when Eastwood comes on and goes off. Klemmer plays on average just 53 minutes per game and Eastwood around the same ( although Klemmer has played 4 more games than Eastwood).

It must be difficult to pick and choose who to take off but how does one leave a player on the bench with no minutes, something our coach has done numerous times this year. If it is to harden the players to work under fatigue that plan is not really working as more often than not we look out on our feet and have no answers to scoring points late in games especially when we are chasing them. .

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Only played 58 minutes the least amount all year other than one of the Eels games where he played 54 minutes.

I know that a coach needs to be sure a player can work his way into a game quickly and effectively but surely there was some use for RFM on Thursday night, if not then Hasler needs to have someone else on the bench who can do the job. Does he have no confidence in the player?

Can't keep the fellas playing until they are on empty and then expect a miracle when we are behind come the final ten minutes by two converted tries. RFM has lovely footwork and an offload, why keep him on the bench when he would be of far more use on the field? His changes revolve around just a few, depending on who is playing of course : Graham, Tolman, Klemmer, Browne and when he replaces someone mostly he just brings straight back on the players who were the ones replaced.

Basically all year coach has had Tolman and Graham in rotation ( they have played 1350 & 1322 minutes respectively from 22 games and only Tolman has played 80 minute games 4 times ) .

I agree that Kas should play more minutes and cherry pick when Eastwood comes on and goes off. Klemmer plays on average just 53 minutes per game and Eastwood around the same ( although Klemmer has played 4 more games than Eastwood).

It must be difficult to pick and choose who to take off but how does one leave a player on the bench with no minutes, something our coach has done numerous times this year. If it is to harden the players to work under fatigue that plan is not really working as more often than not we look out on our feet and have no answers to scoring points late in games especially when we are chasing them. .
There's no doubt that the bench was poorly used in this game. The players were absolutely tanked well before halftime and a higher rotation would have enabled us to defend better. RFM has been playing well and deserves more minutes.

The penalty before halftime was a howler, the referee didn't even signal the reason for it. Add to that the 8 metres (not 10) applied to the Donkeys and the 12 metres applied to the Dogs and you have a huge influence on the outcome by the referees alone. They should have been wearing the numbers 14 and 15 on their backs.

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our Bench rotation is not the best ( putting it nicely).

My issues are and Im sure it has been mentioned here a number of times is that:

- Kas who to many on here has been our "Best attacking" forward yet gets little game time yet is expected to pull a kebab out of his arse when he's out there.
- Eastwood who has looked out of shape for a while and slow gets alot of game time. (RFM people R.F.M)
- Tim Browne... Well wtf is he still doing there the muppet.
- Both Tolman and Graham on for soo long KILLS me.
- Trex. just please leave

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There's no doubt that the bench was poorly used in this game. The players were absolutely tanked well before halftime and a higher rotation would have enabled us to defend better. RFM has been playing well and deserves more minutes.

The penalty before halftime was a howler, the referee didn't even signal the reason for it. Add to that the 8 metres (not 10) applied to the Donkeys and the 12 metres applied to the Dogs and you have a huge influence on the outcome by the referees alone. They should have been wearing the numbers 14 and 15 on their backs.
I actually laughed out loud when the reason for that penalty was revealed....for Tim Browne being offside; notwithstanding the fact that the play the ball was one the other side of the field to where Brown was in defence and the ball went through four or five sets of hands to the other where the Bronco player actually went to offload the ball putting it directly in Brown's hands. Offside my foot, advantage was well and truly taken and the turnover was due to a Broncos unforced error. We expect Sutton to keep us guessing, when half the time, he just plucks a penalty out of his own backside for whatever reason he thinks of at that moment. His brother is the same in the bunker; stating something in one sentence for his reasoning of a decision, then in the very next breath contradicting himself as he did in the St Merge game on the weekend in relation to the Widdop try.

Status
Not open for further replies.