Ben Roberts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherwindog

Waterboy
Reaction score
It's time for Roberts to switch position. Hes not a half. Never passes it and when he does its not on. Terrible kicking game especially close to the line. I went to suncorp and i was embarrassed at some options he did. He would be a great replacement hooker for Ennis or even a centre. Hes got that Gasnier like in and away and could be very dangerous when he gets that arm free. I say put him into centre (hes a got a bit of toe as well).

top_dawg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
fark off.....................

this has become the most repetitive site on earth

jasetd

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's time for Roberts to switch position. Hes not a half. Never passes it and when he does its not on. Terrible kicking game especially close to the line. I went to suncorp and i was embarrassed at some options he did. He would be a great replacement hooker for Ennis or even a centre. Hes got that Gasnier like in and away and could be very dangerous when he gets that arm free. I say put him into centre (hes a got a bit of toe as well).
he has centre written all over him....in a one on one situation he is hard to contain and its how he was doing so well earlier in the year at 5/8.....Roberts and morris centres next year.....it's got to be the way to go.....

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His a 5/8. I can understand where some of you get the idea of centre and hooker and what not, but he seems most comfortable in the no. 6 and dude who started this thread, I have to disagree with you about his kicking game. On song it can be one of the best.

MattO

Rocky Power
Reaction score
When Folkesy said he had no answers or ideas I was dumbfounded. I know what he means as I coached for 10 years and Junior coaches have restricted squads in where they don't have a lower grade to work from. If I was out of ideas or something wasn't working I would try something different. In a Bulldogs sense like try Roberts at centre, Barba at fullback or Hughes at lock. Just something different to put some life back into the side and players.

Roberts is a good case in point. He has done well in the centres previously and he knows how to play the position. Defensively might be an issue. Millard and Emelio aren't the answers.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
fark off.....................

this has become the most repetitive site on earth
and you would never EVER repeat yourself hey lol......How many times have i seen you say the same thing about Haz?

You could still turn this thread into an anti Haz one, there is still time lol.

Mr. Sparkle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Roberts good under the high ball if he plays in the centers?

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
roberts will suit the centre position because of his speed and ability to offload

Choad_Master

SBW for God
Reaction score
Ahh yes. In a different position I think Ben could really hit all the right spots. :banana:

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
Start playing him at fullback just in case patten doesnt return.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was going really well until he was shifted to halfback. I think shifting him round more will do little to improve his confidence. I'm sure he can play at centre, but i wouldn't shift him there unless we were really suffering for depth.

B

Ben Godberts.

Roberts is a 5/8 with a decent pack and a good halfback he will be awesome

doctr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roberts is a great 5/8. If they left sherwin this year, he could of taken on the heavy responsibility, whether u ppl liked his form or not, and roberts could of played his natural game without the added pressure.

His form at the beginning of the year was really good, i think thats why Folkes thought he would be a safe bet to shift to halfback.

IMO, 5/8's are halfbacks who don't have to run the team and can kick, pass and put on passes at lesuire and will, because their halfback is organising the team. Thats the environment Roberts will thrive in

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
lol @ the kennel,

Roberts was god start of the year, now he has to change position? LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.