Ben Roberts and Jamal Idris both re-sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They tried to sign him onto a 4 year deal, His not dumb nor is his manager, We all know that he will be worth far more in afew years why would he lock him self into a 200k a year contract when in 2 years he could be on 400k+ like falou.
True but then we dont know the exact amount of money being thrown around..

Still if it he is worth 400k by then, that would be horrible tbh..

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
True but then we dont know the exact amount of money being thrown around..

Still if it he is worth 400k by then, that would be horrible tbh..
I wouldnt be suprised if he was offerd 400k+ by the roosters in afew years, I dont think anyone else would be ever, Or if his lured into union tuquri styles.

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ther is no telling what kind of talent our scouts can uncover in a couple of years but the nxt 2 years are gona be awesome

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Stupid thinking.

If signing Sherwin for a 5 year deal didn't teach you something, then thank god you're not CEO.
If you think the dogs didn't want to lock him in for longer than you are delusional. The only reason he didn't sign for longer is he knows, and his manager, in a few more years he could be worth what izzy gets paid. Just remember what you said in 2 years time when the roosters come knocking with their chequebook.

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
If you think the dogs didn't want to lock him in for longer than you are delusional. The only reason he didn't sign for longer is he knows, and his manager, in a few more years he could be worth what izzy gets paid. Just remember what you said in 2 years time when the roosters come knocking with their chequebook.
How about we do it ur way?

Sign him up for 5 years @ 350k per year. And if he fails in a few years time? We are left with a $350k lemon for the remainder of his contract (aka Sherwin)

Sure he has potential. But let him prove himself consistently over a few years. 2 years is a good deal IMO.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think a lot of people would disagree on Sherwin being a lemon. Two years may sound a long time but if he does develop we either pay him a truckload then and lose our other quality players or let him go elsewhere. I'm not that concerned yet as I'm sure management will be bending over backward to try and get his signature on another extension.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wouldnt be suprised if he was offerd 400k+ by the roosters in afew years, I dont think anyone else would be ever, Or if his lured into union tuquri styles.
Well if anyone is stupid enough to go the roosters they deserve to lose their career.

Its actually kinda amusing...some players who at the peak of their stardom go after the cash, but then seeing as the Roosters are never loyal, they just throw these players away after a year or so.

So staying with us would probably be more beneficial in the long run :p.

But ye i wouldn't be surprised to see Union lure him away in a few years, not if he keeps improving at the rate he is atm

Status
Not open for further replies.