Opinion Ben Hunt Hooker

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s everyone’s opinion about Ben Hunt at hooker could he be a chance of us signing him I mean there isn’t much available I think he is a big game player what he did to NSW last nite I mean this could be a no brainer maybe we can offer a few players for his services we need to be looking at all options esp at the hooker position

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has always been a hooker imo but I doubt he'd come cheap. I think he will get re-signed by Griffin.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What’s everyone’s opinion about Ben Hunt at hooker could he be a chance of us signing him I mean there isn’t much available I think he is a big game player what he did to NSW last nite I mean this could be a no brainer maybe we can offer a few players for his services we need to be looking at all options esp at the hooker position
He played very well for QLD last night. But he is on massive coin I think his close to 1M per season salary.

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s his current contract situation?

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If you could get dragons to pay 400k-500k, I would. Has always been a good hooker

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
He has another year at 900k Uleh

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you could get dragons to pay 400k-500k, I would. Has always been a good hooker
I seriously doubt they would agree to that maybe offer him someone like Avo and Elliot they might agree to maybe 100k nothing more

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Commentators mentioned last night when he scored his 1st try that ‘he’s the highest paid player in the game’. Rumours have him at $1.2M per season for 2022 with PO for 2023. Has a great relationship with the coach, hates playing No.9 at club level and apparently spat the dummy +12mths ago when he shared the role with Cam McInnes. Obviously he’ll play 9 for QLD and Aus but at club level he hates the 9 jersey even for $1.2M.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even if his asking price tag is 900K to 1M per season?
Probably not but I doubt he will attract that kind of money again if he came off contract. I’d pay $700-$800k but I think it’s a pipe dream.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Commentators mentioned last night when he scored his 1st try that ‘he’s the highest paid player in the game’. Rumours have him at $1.2M per season for 2022 with PO for 2023. Has a great relationship with the coach, hates playing No.9 at club level and apparently spat the dummy +12mths ago when he shared the role with Cam McInnes. Obviously he’ll play 9 for QLD and Aus but at club level he hates the 9 jersey even for $1.2M.
Exactly. Not an option

Move on

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a good idea. Off the top of my head not sure what the Dragon's current 7 and 9 options are but if they are covered they might consider it to free money up if they have other options. Norman is obviously going but they still have Bird for a 6 and McInnes for a 9. He'd also be great back up at 7.

Shame we didn't consider it prior to last night's game.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That's a good idea. Off the top of my head not sure what the Dragon's current 7 and 9 options are but if they are covered they might consider it to free money up if they have other options. Norman is obviously going but they still have Bird for a 6 and McInnes for a 9. He'd also be great back up at 7.

Shame we didn't consider it prior to last night's game.
McInness has signed with Sharks for 2022.