Ben Hannant back with the Brisbane Broncos on $1.4m, four-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Given your choice of words, it's extremely easy to misunderstand.

I know he moved to Sydney for the money, I don't think anyone doubts that. But to say his move to Broncos is a money choice is all wrong. It makes absolutely no sense. It's a family move. He's moving because his family, and himself, are better off up there than they are in Sydney.

I guess it's too hard for people to accept that. It's always the case though. Plenty of people choose to believe what they want to believe in (e.g. Rami, you adamantly not believing that there are women terrorists), and let that cloud their judgement.

Open your mind to reason, not speculation.
Meh.

I'm not gonna bother going back into this debate. I've already made my points in the previous thread and I was stupid to get back into this one.

PS. Me not believing there are women terrorists? Now who's choice of words are easy to misunderstand.

It's easy for you to point the finger at others and say we're the ones who have our minds clouded, when I could say the exact same thing to you about this situation.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bench hannant for the rest of the season can never trust these qlndr's lol

What props are on the market that could replace him?

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bench hannant for the rest of the season can never trust these qlndr's lol

What props are on the market that could replace him?
He is the best prop in the NRL no one really. Tolman runs like armit but makes a lot of tackles if Poore found form he could be as good as Hannant

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You've misunderstood what I'm saying. He came here because we were willing to pay him a lot more than the Broncos could match. Even though he would have preferred to stay there. And now he's going back because the Broncos can finally match his worth. Going back to the Broncos isn't the issue, it's the whole fact he wants to get out of his contract and is causing all these problems for us in the Prop department. I do agree our Management ****ed up by signing him, but we were desperate to get the ball rolling post Mason/SBW.
Hannant was signed with us in May 2008 a fair few months before SBW left, so i doubt it was that...

Doesn't matter what reason it is, i personally still believe its money, it still makes him just as bad as SBW, he just isn't half as stupid and has a manager that knows what he is doing. Leaving before your contract is up is just utter nonsense, it's like its not worth anything anymore

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isnt poore at the eels? or is he on a 1 yr deal ?

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Hannant was signed with us in May 2008 a fair few months before SBW left, so i doubt it was that...

Doesn't matter what reason it is, i personally still believe its money, it still makes him just as bad as SBW, he just isn't half as stupid and has a manager that knows what he is doing. Leaving before your contract is up is just utter nonsense, it's like its not worth anything anymore
I did say Mason/SBW. I was referring more to the fact we lacked so much strength in our Forward pack with the departure of guys including O'Meley, Asotasi etc.

It's all done and dusted at the end of the day. Life goes on as it did with the whole SBW thing, I won't let this one phase me any longer.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Quote:"Some things said have hurt and upset me," he said. "I'd give up my job in a heartbeat if it was hurting my family.

So what was said? Why cant the Bulldogs fix them up? Are the Bulldogs being sabotaged?

MrCharisma

Legendary
Reaction score
We need to give St Helens a call and get James Graham off them!

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:"Some things said have hurt and upset me," he said. "I'd give up my job in a heartbeat if it was hurting my family.

So what was said? Why cant the Bulldogs fix them up? Are the Bulldogs being sabotaged?
morman maybe he was pretty upset there

morgandogs

ARMIT LOVE
Reaction score
if he goes good luck to him he is missing a chance to get a ring on the finger

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
What do we get in return?
I don't see why we need to hope to get a prop... we should trade or at least be compensated like in the Premier League or Super League.

Want Hannant?

Pay us a transfer fee or trade us.
If the deal has already been done, we can safely assume that
1) we have found a " suitable replacement "
or
2) we are being compensated.

If none of the above are met, our Ceo said he won't be going anywhere
There is an article in today's Sunday Telegraph and and below are the key quotes from Todd Greenberg. These quotes are in reference to the Storm players who will be forced out which is delaying the inevitable release of the Polar Bear.

"You'd think if anything is going to be affected by that [investigation], it's Hannant's release because obviously there are a number of quality forwards there," Greenberg said.

"We've been talking the whole way about getting a palatable release, but we're not going to be disadvantaged.

"There are some pretty good players there that could fill [Hannant's] slot. But it's hard because all these players are sitting there and nobody knows what's going on."

The more likely scenario is the Dogs will release Hannant to the Broncos, but only at an agreed fee which could cost both the player and the Broncos. It would allow the Bulldogs to replace Hannant with a similar player.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Make that agreed fee a few hundred thousand and price the Broncos out of signing him :D

If I was the Bulldogs I'd demand Gillett or Teo and cash in exchangefor Hannants signature.

Thaiday and Hannant will be Broncos props next year. They are building a premiership contending team, and without heavy compensation we are letting them.

MexicanHat

El Buzzo
Reaction score
I respect his decision. He obviously was telling the truth since he's going back to Brisbane for the same if not slightly less money. Maybe some of you niff nuffs should learn some respect aswell.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I did say Mason/SBW. I was referring more to the fact we lacked so much strength in our Forward pack with the departure of guys including O'Meley, Asotasi etc.

It's all done and dusted at the end of the day. Life goes on as it did with the whole SBW thing, I won't let this one phase me any longer.
Except its all these things that have turned our once mighty team into a shadow of its former self..

Hell even last year we had a team that was going towards a premiership heavyweight, then we cop a huge blow with Eastwood and next year with Hannant. The blows just don't stop coming, and looking back it is incredibly sad that our team has become what it has. From a club who developed their own players, won a premiership with them, kept producing them up until 2006 and to have that ripped apart, it's just incredibly hard to take.

Easy to say life goes on, but i hate to see the club in its current state, where players can just walk in and out of the club irrespective of how long their contract is. Hannant is just another bloke who is treading on this club, he doesnt deserve any of respect that people think he does. He deserves as much respect as SBW or Mason

Status
Not open for further replies.