Ben Barba signed with Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He got a big head in 2012 and it went downhill from there. ..

I remember watching the team train on fan day 2012 ( just before the GF) Ben was the only one 'not' training and the only one who didn't have the courtesy to come and acknowledge his fans before leaving the field. He just ran by whilst the others lined up and shook our hands..
I also remember Kas going above and beyond signing shirts and ignoring the security guard that was trying to get him inside ..haha

Last edited by a moderator:

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd like to see our club be tough on something for once. We released him to play for the Broncos because he was "homesick".

Technically he is still under his contract term with us - we didn't release him to play with Cronulla via the Broncos and I'd be telling the NRL that if I was the club.

Force him to stay in Brisbane and play Qld club if Bennett doesn't have any plans for him.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see our club be tough on something for once. We released him to play for the Broncos because he was "homesick".

Technically he is still under his contract term with us - we didn't release him to play with Cronulla via the Broncos and I'd be telling the NRL that if I was the club.

Force him to stay in Brisbane and play Qld club if Bennett doesn't have any plans for him.
tru

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
barba had an ordinary season with the broncos. he is an ordinary player without des hasler getting the best out of him.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

I remember watching him train on fan day 2012 ( just before the GF) he was the only one 'not' training and the only one who didn't have the courtesy to come and acknowledge his fans before leaving the field. He just ran by whilst the others lined up and shook our hands..
I also remember Kas going above and beyond signing shirts and ignoring the security guard that was trying to get him inside ..haha
Yes, I was at Belmore that day too and I concur with your comments.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
barba had an ordinary season with the broncos. he is an ordinary player without des hasler getting the best out of him.
The one word in your post that certainly rings true in relation to the past year; 'ordinary'

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
If we have skeletons in the closet in regards to Barba leaving us than maybe it's better off letting the issue be rather than risk it coming back to haunt us and that rat affecting our club yet again, he isn't worth it.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the team made the grand final in 2012 with barba in the team, 2013 was the year from hell with so much going on behind closed doors, most of it barba related or barba caused and then he was gone with the blessing of everyone in the club, 2014 the team made the grand final without barba, so it was proven that the club and the team dont need barba.

who gives a crap about barba its been 3 years since he was any good, and a move to cronulla is hardly going to set his career alight again is it

Bulldog Bruce

Bring on Rnd 1
Reaction score

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't care where he goes as long as it isn't here, players can leave, but very, very few should be let back.

Considering the club stood by him when he was down, and he walked out the door 2 seconds later, I think that door is now closed.

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben Barba has stated that he has no idea from where the rumours come. "Roumoring" seems to be prolific, and I just don't get it. Why would you believe a rumour like this? It doesn't make sense and id totally irrelavent to any Bulldogs discussion.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ben Barba has stated that he has no idea from where the rumours come. "Roumoring" seems to be prolific, and I just don't get it. Why would you believe a rumour like this? It doesn't make sense and id totally irrelavent to any Bulldogs discussion.
Dickhead wanted out cause he was homesick?? (More money)
Now coming back to sydney.

Wtf!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
ok sometimes i go crazy with the conspiracy theories but who else thinks this was a master plan from the beginning to ultimately get to the sharks, who everyone wants to play for

the only way to be able to go to cronulla would be to make up a phony excuse to get him out of the city and to a new team, and then play very badly to get out of his new team and to his real wish at cronulla

this has been a 2 year trick/plan from the barba

Bulldogjem

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I remember watching the team train on fan day 2012 ( just before the GF) Ben was the only one 'not' training and the only one who didn't have the courtesy to come and acknowledge his fans before leaving the field. He just ran by whilst the others lined up and shook our hands..
Yes I was there to ! People were talking amongst themselves saying what a prick he is. Poor kids were waiting for him

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Would love to see a banner next year that reads "thought you were homesick?"... or.... "f*ck you ****". Either one would suffice :grinning:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Would love to see a banner next year that reads "thought you were homesick?"... or.... "f*ck you ****". Either one would suffice :grinning:
Yes ,as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz said as she closed her eyes and clicked her heels together three times " There's no place like home"

Status
Not open for further replies.