Ben Barba / Kimmorley

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

loui323

I remember last year there was allot of talk about Ben Barba Being to small for any half position, i was just checking out player profiles he is 177cm tall and 86 kilos, and brett is 172 and 83 kilos, was ben always that heavy or has he gained a few ? or is it just an error anyone remember.

N

nuffnuffs

I remember last year there was allot of talk about Ben Barba Being to small for any half position, i was just checking out player profiles he is 177cm tall and 86 kilos, and brett is 172 and 83 kilos, was ben always that heavy or has he gained a few ? or is it just an error anyone remember.
good point, I dont think Ben to small just p1ss weak

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's been always like that. He needed to toughen up his defence, that's his main weakness.

In saying that some one was at training yesterday and they had a 40 min full on match. Ben put a hitt on Yileen gordon and dropped him. So something is working.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he was smack on 80kgs early last yr.

cassyau

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He's been always like that. He needed to toughen up his defence, that's his main weakness.

In saying that some one was at training yesterday and they had a 40 min full on match. Ben put a hitt on Yileen gordon and dropped him. So something is working.
thats good to hear

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He isnt tiny but doesnt use all his weight effectively. Some small players like Alfie langer can bowl over giant forwards like they are lightweights due to technique. BK may weigh less than BB but has much better technique, and appears to have more weight behind him. Technique is something gained through experience which BB lacks and BK has oodles of.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
begin small doesn't mean anything in the nrl, so many small player are some of the toughest players on the field.

barba need to learn how to tackle and when he does he will become a regular 1st grade player for us

B

billiris

if hes gained a few i hope that hasnt affected his speed. very positive signs though i would not be inclined to start him in 1st grade just yet.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if hes gained a few i hope that hasnt affected his speed. very positive signs though i would not be inclined to start him in 1st grade just yet.
He would of put on muscle plus fitness/speed work will make sure he maintains speed.

If he buffs up and has blinders in the trials, You never know what might happen.

Barba could very well be in the 6 come round 1.

If his defence is worked upon and works hard on ball skills along with a decent kicking game, along with his speed, He'll give us that much needed spark and speed required when halves are almost over and forwards are struggling.

B

billiris

He would of put on muscle plus fitness/speed work will make sure he maintains speed.

If he buffs up and has blinders in the trials, You never know what might happen.

Barba could very well be in the 6 come round 1.

If his defence is worked upon and works hard on ball skills along with a decent kicking game, along with his speed, He'll give us that much needed spark and speed required when halves are almost over and forwards are struggling.
true.

the hound

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
anyone else showing good signs ?

anyone else showing good signs in the practice match ?

L

loui323

that sounds promising, i hope he adopts that attitude this season,

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone else showing good signs in the practice match ?
I wasn't there mate but I hear they are all looking fit and lean. Patten has not started contact taining yet.

In the haves you had Noddy and DJ on one side and Barba and Roberts on the other. Groom wasn't training.

Nathan Smith (Sydney Bulls 5/8) and Cutler were also there in the new Dogs' training gear

bugden

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
for those concerned about barba in defence how about you line up stagg next to him in defence just like the broncos used tony carroll next to lockyer in defence.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
BK is a chiseled veteran. BB is still a kid. It's like 80kgs of marshmallow vs 80kgs rock.

Pa-28

Bring back the BIFF!!!
Reaction score
haha, but Barba is off-white to put it nicely :p

Status
Not open for further replies.