Ben Barba has asked for an official release from Canterbury

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Confirmed by Raelene also:
Big Sports Breakfast ‏@skybigsports 22m
CEO Raelene Castle has told us that Ben Barba has asked for a release. @NRL_Bulldogs @BulldogsArmy Listen to podcast http://www.bigsportsbreakfast.com.au/

I think Ben and his manager don't understand that in this situation, the club holds the upper hand and not them. The club doesn't necessarily have to approve it, family friends in Brisbane are not considered immediate family. As far as I am concerned, Barba shot himself in the foot last night. His manager is using him as a puppet to transfer messages. I say find a replacement first, then send him packing.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
not being racist but signing aboriginal players is always a risk........Barba, Ferguson, Milford, Sandow, Idris, Kelly

but why do we always seem to loose our marquee players while other clubs seem to be able to keep there's....... Sonny Bill (took off), Mason (walked out), Hannant (released on family grounds), Idris (left on family grounds) now Barba wants to leave using the family (or family friends) card
No, you're just being stereotyped

What about Matt Bowen, John Sutton etc

tezza1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All eyes will be on Castle now, time to show what she his really made of.

We let go Hannant cos of same bullshit and now this crap which has no legs at all. Time is to prove club is bigger than the individual players. If Barba has to sit out his contract for another 2 years , let it be.

Our management need to set an example for players like these who can use homesickness as an excuse get a release whenever they want.

This is bullsh!t!!!!
Very well put

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
oh yeah how can I forget JT.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Confirmed by Raelene also:
Big Sports Breakfast ‏@skybigsports 22m
CEO Raelene Castle has told us that Ben Barba has asked for a release. @NRL_Bulldogs @BulldogsArmy Listen to podcast http://www.bigsportsbreakfast.com.au/

I think Ben and his manager don't understand that in this situation, the club holds the upper hand and not them. The club doesn't necessarily have to approve it, family friends in Brisbane are not considered immediate family. As far as I am concerned, Barba shot himself in the foot last night. His manager is using him as a puppet to transfer messages. I say find a replacement first, then send him packing.
Would love to be a fly on the wall during some of the meetings the club management no doubt have had over this issue. Publicly they are been very quite about it, complete opposite to furner down at canberra who just instantly says NO RELEASE now, i like that attitude.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Idris didn't leave for family, he left for money. Very similar to SBW & Barba will.

Only person I believe honestly left for family was Hannant.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
His selfish crap has derailed our season this year ,piss the selfish little prick off see how he plays under that dud griffin

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
arrested for drunk and disorderly behaviour in Brisbane's CBD.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...ty/story-e6frfku0-1225924600699#ixzz2c5MlSPqM
Except when he was arrested for being drunk and disorderly afew years back. Def more professional players in the NRL i hope.
1. Arrested for drunk and disorderly behaviour in Brisbane's CBD 2010

Vs

1. Dally M Player of the Year: 2005, 2007
1. Dally M Halfback of the Year: 2005, 2007, 2009
2. Dally M Five-Eighth of the Year: 2012
3. North Queensland Cowboys Player of the Year: 2005, 2012
4. Wally Lewis Medal (State of Origin player of the series): 2008
5. Preston Campbell Medal (Man of the Match in the 2010 NRL All Stars Game): 2010
6. RLIF International Back of the Year: 2007
7. Thurston was named at half-back in the Indigenous Team of the Century 2008
8. RLIF Halfback of the Year: 2009
9. RLIF Halfback of the Year: 2011
10. Rugby League State of Origin Man of the Match: 4 Awards
11. Golden Boot Award: 2011
12. Johnathan Thurston has not missed a State of Origin match since making his debut in Game I, 2005
13. He is the only player to feature in every single match of Queensland's ongoing run of eight consecutive State of Origin series victories.

Read more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnathan_Thurston

Last I checked he is still human. THE MOST HUMBLE PLAYER IN THE NRL you’d also agree with this if you watched Sterlos segment on JT.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
TG has to wrap up the marquee player deal so we can bring in Izzy ASAP, isn't that what he is waiting for before he puts pen to paper?

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His selfish crap has derailed our season this year ,piss the selfish little prick off see how he plays under that dud griffin
well he scored 15 tries tries playing from the bench under moore so i doubt he will have any troubles under griffin.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TG has to wrap up the marquee player deal so we can bring in Izzy ASAP, isn't that what he is waiting for before he puts pen to paper?
Yeah it seems strange how long he is taking to sign his next contract.

Jay-Tee

Waterboy
Reaction score
He can f**k off for all i care especially after all the club has done for him .... they could of easily sacked him after his off field issues in the start of the year but they stuck with him and look what we all get in return .... no loyalty what so ever

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Arrested for drunk and disorderly behaviour in Brisbane's CBD 2010

Vs

1. Dally M Player of the Year: 2005, 2007
1. Dally M Halfback of the Year: 2005, 2007, 2009
2. Dally M Five-Eighth of the Year: 2012
3. North Queensland Cowboys Player of the Year: 2005, 2012
4. Wally Lewis Medal (State of Origin player of the series): 2008
5. Preston Campbell Medal (Man of the Match in the 2010 NRL All Stars Game): 2010
6. RLIF International Back of the Year: 2007
7. Thurston was named at half-back in the Indigenous Team of the Century 2008
8. RLIF Halfback of the Year: 2009
9. RLIF Halfback of the Year: 2011
10. Rugby League State of Origin Man of the Match: 4 Awards
11. Golden Boot Award: 2011
12. Johnathan Thurston has not missed a State of Origin match since making his debut in Game I, 2005
13. He is the only player to feature in every single match of Queensland's ongoing run of eight consecutive State of Origin series victories.

Read more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnathan_Thurston

Last I checked he is still human. THE MOST HUMBLE PLAYER IN THE NRL you’d also agree with this if you watched Sterlos segment on JT.
If you happen to see any of the cows games what he does for the kids giving away kicking tees and head gear was not for that Sterlo's segment, he does it every match i have seen him play this season.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you happen to see any of the cows games what he does for the kids giving away kicking tees and head gear was not for that Sterlo's segment, he does it every match i have seen him play this season.
I know bro I was just trying to make a point :thumb:

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
meh, after mason, sbw, hannant you kind of get over it.

explains why ive only been to a handful of games this year

Status
Not open for further replies.