Ben Barba DROPPED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why drop Barba, use him as an impact player in short stints, how much match fitness do you need to play 15-20min cameo roles in each half FFS. Had he played his "usual" role coming off the bench when we are 20 or more points down, we may have jagged this one.
But alas no, the week after he plays a FULL match, he gets dropped.

Also, why oh why do we insist on bringing players back from injury.....Hannant did NOT look ready today, made no impact, injured himself further.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
It was a crazy decision, simple as that. If he doesnt start at 5/8th next game Kev has no idea

LebaneseBulldog

Bulldogs
Reaction score
Barba is just an x factor, a game breaker atm.

Why he would drop him is beyond my beliefs, especially how lost we are atm.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ryan was solid, Barba should have been there, Hannant shouldn't have been. Browne was good when he was put on! 2 no tries, should have won by the way. F*cked up 1st half, dominated 2nd half!

D

dogs_4 lyf

Green performance today in the halves was nothing short of pathetic.

zeedog

Bulldog Fanatic
Reaction score
Bulldogs are imploding!!!!!

just watch how big the mushroom cloud is going to be :grinning:

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
TBH Barba hasn't done much since the opposing teams have started marking him heavily. The reality is there is limited spots on the bench and the pain train is making a massive statement from his past two games.

Barba's future is full back, i'd prefer to see him in reggies playing at fullback so he can learn the position.

filto666

Doginator
Reaction score
Seriously this is starting to get worrying, Canterbury have as good a top cover as the NSW Blues, why dont we start playing Patten at halfback and put MOrris in 5/8

lukesdogs

Armchair Coach
Reaction score
You got to laugh at ben Barba for signing on. it is a joke that green is your five-eight. green didnt even make it at crLoLnulla
i have to agree lets reward a player that has shown us some loyalty by signing on by replace him with a player coming back from injury, leaving the club (for more $$$$) and done nothing but whine about missing his family. should have replaced a forward with a forward SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i have to agree lets reward a player that has shown us some loyalty by signing on by replace him with a player coming back from injury, leaving the club (for more $$$$) and done nothing but whine about missing his family. should have replaced a forward with a forward SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hannant is not in competition with barba

unless you want barba to take the hitup?

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
lets get 1 thing straight...U DONT HAVE TO PLAY THAT WELL TO LOOK GOOD

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL even Romelo is getting a game and he just joint your club. no reward

D

dogs_4 lyf

I reckon the logic behind this was for Romelo to come on for Ennis because Ennis had just played Origin.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon the logic behind this was for Romelo to come on for Ennis because Ennis had just played Origin.
Its a good theory to have Ennis interchanged but it should of been Halatau.
Barba should of been named in front of Blake Green and everyone knows it.
Foster is not our toughest 11, Yilli Gordon should of started.
Hannant should of come off the bench after 30".
Defence was sh1t anyway.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wont blame him for the loss but FML Blake Green is such a hog.

djt

doggies no.1
Reaction score
Just leave barba at five-eight 2 get some confidence he is going 2 do better then green, this year is finished anyway,n **** off warburton n put foster there 4 **** sake.

houndmeister

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
green is no better than holdsworth. Green has better hands, but holdsworth had a passing game

Status
Not open for further replies.