Opinion BELMORE SPORTS GROUND UPGRADE

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I totally agree mate it is a problem which has been lingering on forever.
Just can’t see any solution in the foreseeable future,it seems like Homebush could be it for some years yet.
We have a fantastic supporter base who still turn up in pretty descent numbers considering all circumstances.
Referring to last season's averages, despite everything , Bulldogs fans are keen to attend matches!

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Referring to last season's averages, despite everything , Bulldogs fans are keen to attend matches!
Those numbers will only increase as we get better this year and actually start winning more games.
Our opening game in two weeks should be a cracker hopefully plenty of us in Parramatta.

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm suss on every new user now. May make a genuine post once and then disappear to be a future alias if required
Posting on the kennel is a tough gig :grinning:

Personally the repetition of certain issues is difficult to navigate and time consuming. I like to read through and get a feel before posting something. But most times everything has been said, more than once on multiple threads so at times its hard to contribute.

So with all due respect to MisterX, formally known as MisterTwitter (Is that u Gus) abit of looking around (I'm trying not to say research - if I had a dollar!!) may have changed the urge to create a thread. When it comes to politics we all know theres too many monkeys and not enough bananas.

Ironically Ive fallen into the trap, everything Ive said has been said before :( :grinning:

NATE_91

Waterboy
Reaction score
Bump.

I'm happy to concede that BSG isn't viable for the reasons mentioned previously.

Canterbury Bankstown is a huge lga, your telling me there isn't a single site suitable for home stadium in our entire lga, I can think of a few. Fark off homebush, that's just an open air prison

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bump.

I'm happy to concede that BSG isn't viable for the reasons mentioned previously.

Canterbury Bankstown is a huge lga, your telling me there isn't a single site suitable for home stadium in our entire lga, I can think of a few. Fark off homebush, that's just an open air prison
well now tigers get a new stadium. Why can’t we seriously just get the government to buy out the houses near by and build over the terry lamb park and rotate as well. Get a car park built as well on the bottom field of the Belmore sports ground. Problem solved until the roads Can be re done which it will never be.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tigers are likely to get 10 of millions to help with their oval, makes our chances even more lower than not happening.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe when the population of Sydney gets to 1 billion the government might finally pull their finger out and start thinking about facilities

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ask Arthur to use his influence to help both the Tiepies and us. He is our sponsor but also has heart strings for them. Get him to convince the guberment to match him dollar for dollar for both Leichhardt and Belmore.

Then get Harry Trigaboff and Canterbury Leagues to kick in?

Win win I reckon.

Last edited:

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Drussi mentioned it in the podcast with the kennel bloke and Gus has mentioned it before. The rebuild would be 300m plus. Better off spending our money on junior development. Playing at Homebush isn’t that bad to be fair.
crazy thing is we don’t need to knock down etc just make it 15/18k capacity and it’s good to upgrade food stalls etc

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Drussi mentioned it in the podcast with the kennel bloke and Gus has mentioned it before. The rebuild would be 300m plus. Better off spending our money on junior development. Playing at Homebush isn’t that bad to be fair.
Exactly we need a long period of sustained success, I'm talking 20 years like the Storm before we even think about a stadium.

NATE_91

Waterboy
Reaction score
well now tigers get a new stadium. Why can’t we seriously just get the government to buy out the houses near by and build over the terry lamb park and rotate as well. Get a car park built as well on the bottom field of the Belmore sports ground. Problem solved until the roads Can be re done which it will never be.
If that's true I'm shaking my head. I was thinking underground car park and we put seats that go over the rail line or bury the train line under ground.

Bulldogs could mortgage out the cost from a bank

Seriously, we should be lobbying the club to do more.