Opinion BELMORE SPORTS GROUND UPGRADE

MisterX

New Pup
Reaction score
Zoning is a big problem. And now is the right time because locally it’s all labour. If they are in trouble with voters, it’s in the best interest of the labour government to step in and solve their problem. I.e a frustrated LGA.

Reactions: ATT

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
WHY CANT THE CANTERBURY BANKSTOWN BULLDOGS not have a brand new home ground? Our home community SOUTH WESTERN REGION OF SYDNEY. Enjoying the luxuries of a new state of the art home ground like most of the nrl clubs. What in the world is it? Politics? NRL? Money?. Well. Who cares. They are all there to keep society pleased. So we have very NRL home ground in Sydney in the process of being upgraded or approved, renovated. Ultimately it’s the fans and community benefiting. Lucky for the 70’s, 80’s,90’s, and so on have had their fun. It’s (cursing) 2024. I’m sure the bulldogs most likely do have a better plan. All of Politics and money are there where is the community, wake up. Well south’s are in the same boat I know but if Politics has bowed down to the rest of Sydney community? Once these two LGA’s are sorted the NRL is complete where every game will have an updated modern home ground atmosphere.

Here u go signor... Click on the link, have your say.

Belmore Sports and Recreation Precinct Draft masterplan exhibition | Have Your Say Canterbury Bankstown (nsw.gov.au)

Also not sure what is going on with but the Center of excellence and transformation of the hill will probably be stage one of re-developing the stadia.

Last edited:

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Canterbury Racecourse site would be great if that ever ends up going the way of the dodo. Close to trains and plenty of room for both stadium and car park.
I like this idea.

Froggo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Isn't the rail going metro at Belmore. There's your land for a stadium , housing , parking..

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Liverpool site - residential and commercial will eventually get approved and get built it will be stupid for Liverpool not to have a stadium. Mannoum should be doing everything in his power with the bulldogs to make this happen. Forget about West tigers their too unstable and they'll always be unstable they have Campbelltown area, ashfield area and balmain area. They've got enough for their fans. What's missing in Liverpool is a stadium and I know there's a lot of Bulldogs fans around there. They should stop wasting time and make this happen. Bulldogs home ground to be at Liverpool stadium and 2 games at belmore sports ground. Gus should now focus on getting the junior base expanded past Liverpool. Bulldogs, Peter V and the Liverpool council should come to an agreement that Liverpool will have a stadium the junior base to be expanded past Liverpool for the Bulldogs. This was supposed to happen a long time ago and I'll take my hat off to the person that makes this happen, because it will be a big achievement not just for the club but for the Bulldogs fans and Liverpool as well.

Everton is one of the founder members of the football league, Goodison (with a current capacity of 40k) has been their home since 1892. Let that sink.
Bulldogs and current administration are currently a well run organisation and at its best and still improving, they should be able to get the ball rolling on a stadium managed and income generating to The Bulldogs. Surely we can't just rely on pokies money and NRL TV handouts forever.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One place I’ll start is banners. We have all sorts of banners at sports events. Why not heaps of “NEW BELMORE STADIUM” banners. We need to get loud and get through to the community and on how they will benefit weather or not they are a sports fan by providing us and ultimately their kids. We need to get crackin like jarred McCracken. I don’t think it’s fair that South Western Sydney have enjoyed Belmore sports ground as did our forefathers did for so long only to move to Liverpool. Wherever it is there is so much bulldogs fans everywhere.
Politics and politicians play a huge part in where tax payers money is spent, also a decision was made by our management in the late 90s to build a stadium and the Oasis at Liverpool, in the meantime they petitioned members about which ground to move to until it was built, I questioned the need to move anywhere expressing my disapproval to two prominent members of the club management, one gave me nothing but BS excuses the second was honest enough to tell me that the sponsors weren't in favour of staying at Belmore, now almost 30 years later it's impossible to accommodate for our large growing numbers of sponsors the way Belmore is now, and unless there is a huge demand from the community the supporters and the club channeled through our political leaders, nothing will happen !!!

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Everton is one of the founder members of the football league, Goodison (with a current capacity of 40k) has been their home since 1892. Let that sink.
Bulldogs and current administration are currently a well run organisation and at its best and still improving, they should be able to get the ball rolling on a stadium managed and income generating to The Bulldogs. Surely we can't just rely on pokies money and NRL TV handouts forever.
Everton is privately owned and can do whatever they desire, are you suggesting we sell the Bulldogs :grinning:

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Canterbury Racecourse site would be great if that ever ends up going the way of the dodo. Close to trains and plenty of room for both stadium and car park.
If Rosehill development goes through that would never happen

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Everton is privately owned and can do whatever they desire, are you suggesting we sell the Bulldogs :grinning:
No I don't see a need for that, for now. It's been mentioned before re stadium finances.

The Bulldogs can stay the way they are, and survive. They don't need to "make profits", grow membership numbers, etc. It just needs to entertain it's supporters by winning.

Having said that and while referring to the history of the NRL and it's aspirations. My concern is, who knows what the future holds? Why can't the Bulldogs endeavour to being the pioneers like we used to, we're in a better position now than ever to give me, you, and our future supporters a Bulldogs fortress, maximising it's corporate potentials and events while at it.

The finances are massive to me and you but in the grand scheme of things it's doable. I didn't want to go in depth but here's some.

Some of Sydney's, no, Australia's largest pokies clubs fall into the Bulldogs and Oasis zones of influence.
These Non profit organisations that are required to "give back to the community" include Canterbury Leagues, Bankstown Sports, Liverpool Catholic Club, Mt Pritchard & District Community Club, Dooleys, Cabra-Vale Diggers, Revesby Workers, that's 7 massive clubs.

Government can help too, mainly with infrastructure, add government pledges (Canterbury Bankstown is actually competent compared to Liverpool, but you'd need Liverpool to get on board here rather than CB), State government , and since the airport nearby is a Federal project they should be able to chip in. Besides the money debate, the governments will want this to boost the economy in an area they're heavily investing and wanting to invest in. The main red tape issue is most likely Liverpool council but state and federal should over ride here, it's an annoyance thinking about the whole labor liberal sway of vote.

Add to the finances some NRL backing and sponsorships.

The board that gets this going needs to come to terms with the backers, investors, governments and NRL that the stadium is Bulldogs operated, for the profit of the Bulldogs once debts are paid off.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, with Premier Chris Minns not knowing who Gai Waterhouse was and getting rolled on developing Rosehill racecourse, now is the perfect opportunity.
Just need to work how to include 500 apartments & make sure everyone gets a dividend.
There's plenty of public land available which developers will be champing at the bit to get their hands on.
Including the land on the other side of the train line. And raising heights in Edison and Palmer Streets to 5 stories...
500 apartments Rosehill is 25000 dwellings