Belmore, Belfield, Kingsgrove, Earlwood to live?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Hi guys, just wondering what people's thoughts are on Belmore, Belfield, Kingsgrove, Earlwood as a suburbs to live. Asking people that have grown up in the area or just moved into the area.

I've heard Belmore has changed a lot in the last few years and is on the up. Earlwood I think has always been nice as was Kingsgrove. I've had a lot of friends and family that live and have lived there.

I lived in Campsie (near cooks river Croydon park) about 10 years ago and had to move away because of crime. Our apartment block was always getting broken into as was our security garage.

Any thoughts comments welcome.

Cheers

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Apartment block central..

Any block of land around there that is bigger than a postage stamp is being developed into multistory apartments.

So crime, congestion, are still real possiblities.

Kingsgrove is probably a better option. Belfield is too close to Lakemba to be considered "safe".

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Belmore: Good suburb, has a lot of amenities and is our hub. There are some nice quiet streets around too.

Belfield: Much like Belmore, nice and quiet, definitely residential, however it has no train station - unless you're willing to walk to Belmore or Campsie - it depends if public transport is something you need.

Kingsgrove: Very residential and good investment. Your money is safe in the 2208, however it is quite expensive. Has a recently revived shopping area close to Woolies and the train station.

Earlwood: Big suburb full of typical wog homes, very residential, clean and quiet. There are 2 problems with Earlwood though:
  • It is impossible for a first home buyer to get a decent house there for anything less than $2,000,000, and;
  • It has no train station unless you're willing to walk/drive to Dulwich Hill, Bardwell Park or Canterbury.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A lot of assholes in all those areas.
Expensive, to live around fuckwits.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Renting or buying?

If you're renting and have no kids etc and just want an apartment, go to a nicer area, it won't be that much more.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Belmore: Good suburb, has a lot of amenities and is our hub. There are some nice quiet streets around too.

Belfield: Much like Belmore, nice and quiet, definitely residential, however it has no train station - unless you're willing to walk to Belmore or Campsie - it depends if public transport is something you need.

Kingsgrove: Very residential and good investment. Your money is safe in the 2208, however it is quite expensive. Has a recently revived shopping area close to Woolies and the train station.

Earlwood: Big suburb full of typical wog homes, very residential, clean and quiet. There are 2 problems with Earlwood though:
  • It is impossible for a first home buyer to get a decent house there for anything less than $2,000,000, and;
  • It has no train station unless you're willing to walk/drive to Dulwich Hill, Bardwell Park or Canterbury.
I wish my grandfather kept his Earlwood home, I'd be fucking rich!

Status
Not open for further replies.