Being close to the cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So being screwed over by back ended deals do we bite the bullet and release a big name that will ease some pressure?

In saying this I’m talking a Josh Jackson or David Klemmer, where rebuilding and these two aren’t worth the back ended money they’ll receive in the future

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
So being screwed over by back ended deals do we bite the bullet and release a big name that will ease some pressure?

In saying this I’m talking a Josh Jackson or David Klemmer, where rebuilding and these two aren’t worth the back ended money they’ll receive in the future
Need to know who’s on the big backended deals first but can see the merit in the idea although there is no quick fix.need to learn from this and never do it again

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Releasing players doesn’t really release the pressure unless you can find a club willing to pick up the whole amount of the contract. Otherwise you end up having dead money in the cap and have to find a cheap replacement.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

No not at all. We have to build around these guys. We need to be patient and in a year or two most of these dodgy Des deals will be gone and some players moved on and we'll have plenty of room to spend up. It's just the way it is atm and have to suck it up for the next year or two. You can thank Des and Did for that.

Stick solid the the tide will eventually turn.

2018/19 getting rid of the dead wood
2020 rebuild year
2021 top 8
2022 win Premiership

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
If Mbye is just going to be an extra kick option and doesnt sharpen up his positioning in defence that should be the 1st 900k saved.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
To me if we can offload mbye , or Jackson or klemmer it will ease the pressure, seriously this club can’t wait for these deals to end something has to give, Josh Morris week in week out is ten times better than mbye, mbye on 900k nxt yr is seriously bad business

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well according to the media we have Eastwood on 800k and both Morris boys on 1.5m combined.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Releasing players doesn’t really release the pressure unless you can find a club willing to pick up the whole amount of the contract. Otherwise you end up having dead money in the cap and have to find a cheap replacement.
Exactly this!

We are being screwed on the cap for this year with Graham, Kasiano and I believe still Perret.

This not only stuffs up our cap. It significantly helps other clubs caps. No under contract player should ever be released to another club for less money.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Exactly this!

We are being screwed on the cap for this year with Graham, Kasiano and I believe still Perret.

This not only stuffs up our cap. It significantly helps other clubs caps. No under contract player should ever be released to another club for less money.
Surely were not still paying Lloyd Perret?

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We probably are , Ray Dib thank you for the job your done

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suspect that we backended Balsa and Foran. If this is the case, we are still in deep shit for the next few years and explains why we don’t have any money next year.

Balsa and Forans contracts this year are probably close to minimum and next year are into the millions.

sheep dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I suspect that we backended Balsa and Foran. If this is the case, we are still in deep shit for the next few years and explains why we don’t have any money next year.

Balsa and Forans contracts this year are probably close to minimum and next year are into the millions.
I fucking hope not foran is shit he is not what his name proceeds any more

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Has been stated at the club we have 200 k to spend, too many back ended deals , mbye on 900 k nxt yr absolutely disgraceful
No .... it was stated by a duplicate troll user which I banned tll 2021 last night.. that we had $200k to spend.

The club has (and would not) make a statement on our cap position publically.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If another club would pick up and pay significant component of the salary of any of the following id let them go - Woods, Tolman, Hopoate, Holland, Brown, Elliot, Fualalo, Tualau - any besides Klemmer, RFM, Jackson and maybe Mbye.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No not at all. We have to build around these guys. We need to be patient and in a year or two most of these dodgy Des deals will be gone and some players moved on and we'll have plenty of room to spend up. It's just the way it is atm and have to suck it up for the next year or two. You can thank Des and Did for that.

Stick solid the the tide will eventually turn.

2018/19 getting rid of the dead wood
2020 rebuild year
2021 top 8
2022 win Premiership

Love your enthusiasm but I don’t wana fuken wait 18 years between premierships. That’s unheard of in the bulldog culture. Even though what your saying might have merit to it, it’s bloody scary to think that far ahead :(

Status
Not open for further replies.