Begging the fans to turn up at belmore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Raysie,

I'm not trying to take a pot shot at you but this mentality is exactly what the board and Des want's you to think like.
It seems as though the statements made by the club about making successive finals has been enough and acceptable to you and other fans thinking alike and yes while there is that slight mathematical chance of making the finals let's not kid ourselves we do not deserve to be there even if we crept in. We are so far behind the playing style and mentality of the top teams we will once again be embarrassed.

Sometimes the toughest decisions that hurt the most as a passionate fan is in the best interest for the future of the club and team.

BOYCOTT BELMORE
Trust me mate, I'm just as pissed at the shit we're throwing out there most weeks. Just like you and everyone else, I'm ripping my hair out at the shit we dish out.

I want to make it clear that I do not find the situation we and the club find themselves in acceptable. I just want to show at least some positivity and remind people of the times we were down and out and didn't deserve to be there at the end...

1998 we were fucked! We finished 9th in a year where 10 out of 20 teams made the finals. We didn't deserve to be there and practically fell into the finals with no hope given to us at all. Yet come finals time under all odds we beat Dragons, Bears, Knights and then as we all know the Eels from 18-2 down with 10min left to go. We lost against a salary cheating Broncos side in the Grand Final as far as I'm concerned.

2014 we were fucked! We were AWFUL in the second half of the year losing 6 of our last 8 games in the final rounds. Who could forget out 19-18 loss to the Titans in Round 26 after going into halftime in the lead 18-0? We were a joke and scraped into the finals! Just 1 more round and we wouldn't have even made the top 8! Yet come finals we smashed the Storm, beat Manly and then also beat Penrith to go into the Grand Final.

Now I use the above examples to show we've been behind before and thrown out shit, to then come out and prove everyone wrong. We can do it again and I will always believe we can until mathematically we no longer have a shot.

Once it's all over and we have no chance for the season left, then go ahead. Boycott the games and do whatever you think is necessary as a fan, but as long as there's still life I'll keep hoping we can pull out of this!

Stargate44

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How you can rupture something that's already flat and deflated is beyond me.
WELL IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.... SIMPLE IF NO BULLDOG'S FAN TURNS UP TO THE GAME FOR 3 + WEEKS.... WHAT DO YOU THINK WOULD HAPPEN????

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to be out of finals contention asap. i don't want any false hopes or turn around in form that sees us scrape into the 8 only to be belted by a contender the first week of finals.

I'm sick to death of this "but we make the finals every year" bullshit excuse.

Id rather make the 8 once every decade and win the bloody thing then make it every year and be 2nd best.

I also believe that once we no longer can mathematically make the 8, the team will play better (no pressure) which may ultimately aid us going into next season (I pray I'm right)

NickT

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lol every single player on social media is pleading for fans to go and say goodbye to the 'legend' that is Reynolds.

I appreciate everything josh has done for us (especially off field with hospital visits etc) but lets be honest, he hasn't delivered when it matters and we've had far better players do more and not get anywhere near the amount of recognition he's getting.

If he took a cut to stay with us and actually helped us to a premiership, absolutely he deserves this treatment but he hasn't.

He bailed to the highest bidder when he could have stuck around and got on the long service player contract in a few years then had a job with us for life.
That's a bit rough. The club acts in a professional manner by signing Foran Woods and probably paid overs. We as fans expect Josh to act in an emotional way and stay for less.
I agree with you about the game hype being garbage

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Trust me mate, I'm just as pissed at the shit we're throwing out there most weeks. Just like you and everyone else, I'm ripping my hair out at the shit we dish out.

I want to make it clear that I do not find the situation we and the club find themselves in acceptable. I just want to show at least some positivity and remind people of the times we were down and out and didn't deserve to be there at the end...

1998 we were fucked! We finished 9th in a year where 10 out of 20 teams made the finals. We didn't deserve to be there and practically fell into the finals with no hope given to us at all. Yet come finals time under all odds we beat Dragons, Bears, Knights and then as we all know the Eels from 18-2 down with 10min left to go. We lost against a salary cheating Broncos side in the Grand Final as far as I'm concerned.

2014 we were fucked! We were AWFUL in the second half of the year losing 6 of our last 8 games in the final rounds. Who could forget out 19-18 loss to the Titans in Round 26 after going into halftime in the lead 18-0? We were a joke and scraped into the finals! Just 1 more round and we wouldn't have even made the top 8! Yet come finals we smashed the Storm, beat Manly and then also beat Penrith to go into the Grand Final.

Now I use the above examples to show we've been behind before and thrown out shit, to then come out and prove everyone wrong. We can do it again and I will always believe we can until mathematically we no longer have a shot.

Once it's all over and we have no chance for the season left, then go ahead. Boycott the games and do whatever you think is necessary as a fan, but as long as there's still life I'll keep hoping we can pull out of this!
You have been misreading the issues and reasons behind the call to protest.
For me even if we go on a winning streak and win the Grand final I would still want Hasler and his game plan to go, It's not the product I want to watch. I have been a fan for nearly 40years and the result of the game is not what kept me coming back.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A little from left field..Why is this farewell game for Reynolds not scheduled for the final home game of the season?

He will likely have 2 farewells in that case.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
A little from left field..Why is this farewell game for Reynolds not scheduled for the final home game of the season?

Because they are trying to pump up a bottom of the table clash while us fans are pissed at the club for being bellend fucks.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

It is his last game at Belmore.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

It's just his farewell game at Belmore, not his farewell game full stop. Given the club has tried to pump up this spiritual home stuff and we only play 2 games a year there it just follows that this is the last time that Reynolds will play at Belmore (Tigers will never be rostered there).

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Because the club only cares about $$ not its fans and will screw every dollar out of us where they can. I guess the last round will be for Kas. F..k the way we are going we'll be having farewells into 2018. I'll be bringing the sparklers when it's Dessies farewell.

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Add to that also not being a home game.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peter Moore would be turning in his grave

Status
Not open for further replies.