News Baz on BSB This Morning

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Brandon Smith would be ideal.
Maybe try get Josh Ado Carr to help trent get him. I think Brandon Smith is on the radar.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Simples, for JT it's $500k a season for 4 years in the Cap plus $500k for consulting on Arthur's plans to launch pubs in Tonga. Then in years 5 & 6 it's $1m a year to complete the job.

Go Dogs

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
“We’ve got a really good idea of who we wanna recruit, certainly don’t want to discuss all of them publicly but you know, we know what we’re doin’”

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well if there were people inclined to do detective work, you could probably find out what time he was waiting at the airport and check the flight schedules to get an idea of the destinations. Normally there'd be a lot more flights happening, but during this Covid pandemic, the number of flights would be down so detective work would be easier.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The talk of Lolo is a pipe dream IMO. He's priced out of any form of deal. Cowboy's aren't going to pay any meaningful freight on the guy and his form and price range aren't in line. He's not a million dollar player and the wrecking ball stuff he done to get it hasn't been seen in a long while. He's getting older and injured now. Who's going to throw that sort of cash for 6 years at him and fuk their Salary Cap?? Haas would be a way better target!
He doesn’t want 6 years

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So what is he after? Is there a quote from him or the Cowboys yet saying he wants out or is this still just rumour stuff?
Just rumour at this stage, but there is a lot doing the rounds up here about his relationship with the coach and the club. Too much smoke to be no fire.
I do know he’s prepared to take a haircut to get out.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Just rumour at this stage, but there is a lot doing the rounds up here about his relationship with the coach and the club. Too much smoke to be no fire.
Ok, cheers for that. Hope he likes it short. I think 800k-ish would be a solid deal for say 3 years.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol my thoughts exactly

Prob on his way to meet Lolo
I dug deep into this and spoke to a very very close of Todd payten and he told me there’s no way in hell lolo would be released under paytens watch. He just wanted to poke the bear a little and make a stance as early as he can as a coach up in Townsville.

the potential recruits I can think off incl;
Melb and hectic cheese
Townsville & Scotty drink h2o and or Jordan mcdirty
Brisbane and kotoni suck my toes
Gold Coast and Brian Ned Kelly

Last edited:

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
lolo won’t be going anywhere
Please see my other comment
Payten loves him