Barrett warned he could destroy his career at Bulldogs, Pay's final straw revealed

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, at the end of the day, there’s a massive pool of coaches, ex-coaches and aspiring coaches who would jump at the opportunity to become an NRL coach.

Don’t read into the BS.

The Bulldogs are one of the biggest clubs in the NRL with one of the richest Leagues clubs in the country. They also boast a good junior league pool and have their own Centre of Excellence.

Every club within their cycle of successes and failures go through this, we will get through it.
I agree with this. The only limiting factor we have is the board. Quite simply it doesn’t work in any organisation when your leaders are not all aligned and heading in the same direction. As much as I hate to say it look at the roosters. Their boardroom is a stacked powerhouse of like minded business people with one goal - to ensure their team is successful.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Funny to see who the biggest Barrett lovers were when we signed him, Laurie knew all along.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% agree with Kung Fu man, he had and has no career. It wouldn’t matter where Baz went he would’ve been found out for his inability to change when his team is getting nowhere. Nice bloke, seems a bit clueless in press conferences too. We need him out as he doesn’t do anything to change our situation. Change with the times Baz or get the hell out of our Club.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Absolutely wrong comparing Chaos vs Stability !!!
Then...We had Lynne Hill Price and Co out of control, losing Sponsors & TPAs in droves.
Now....We Have John Khoury Warburton and Gus in control gaining greater sponsorships and TPAs and more wanting to be part of the of our club.
Then ...We had Pay as a coach, the Andersons and Co stripped him off 6 players after signing with us then secretly tried to replace him with their son Ben.
Now...We have TBaz ( signed by Andersons & Co ) who with the current group has managed one of the biggest rebuilds in history.
Realistically speaking TBaz knew what the challenges were and still are !!!
I believe his coaching support team and players selections and interchanges are the problems that might derail his coaching future.

Last edited:
Reactions: ATT

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fuck his "career", some of us called he would destroy the Dogs.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It just seems like the team is losing self belief every week at the moment. It's hard to watch games when the fight drops off now. To start the year our defence looked committed, but it just seems like it can fall into shambles once we concede a try.

I think that part of that can stem from referees giving us the sharp end of the stick. But we just seem incapable of knuckling down once the slide begins.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Going forward…. I want the club to NEVER sign a coach, player, trainer, recruiter… even a f{}cking groundskeeper that’s ever worked at Manly to come to Belmore!

Even f{}cker signed from over the bridge has absolutely screwed us over

Reactions: DDR

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To put into perspective Barrett has a better roster than he would have anticipated when coming to the club. If he still can’t make good of them then he only has himself to blame. Our back of house is in order, our roster is decent and will get better again next year. What more could he possibly need given to him to at least string a couple of wins together

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck his "career", some of us called he would destroy the Dogs.
Spot on. I recall the Club saying that Willie Mason was not bigger than the Club when he was moved on. Willie aired a lot of dirty laundry on Folksey on his way out the door. Many said the Club is bigger than 1 man, and it's the survival and prospering of the Club which matters.
Barrett has had time. We've all seen enough. 2 pre seasons, roster overhaul, he's had time to create a competitive game plan and strong culture. He's struggled to create a Dogs identity. I watch our games, I can't relate to us, and I've watched us for over 45 years.
Time to protect the Bulldogs brand Gus and move Barrett on before he does too much more damage to the Club.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
TB has been exposed. At Manly, he was a young coach with little resources, he hid behind that as a solid excuse.

Well, he has landed at one of the biggest and wealthiest clubs in the league, all the resources in the world, removed a lot of dead wood replaced by some astute signings and we are no better than we were the last few years.

This is called: Myth busted

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What career, it was based on all his bullshit about how great it was & our club fell for it.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tbaz only has himself to blame for trying to fit the round peg in the square hole by forcing his attacking structures onto a playing group it’s clearly not best suited to.

Even now he still has a slim chance of pulling his career out of the fire by trying something different but he refuses. He’s been exposed as a one dimensional coach that cannot adapt and is totally out of his depth at this level.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We were in shambles long before he arrived, People suffer from memory loss. This was a shit job for any coach to take.
That's why an established 1st grade coach was need. Someone with a bit of balls for actually do something,